Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Does anyone know this movie?

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-04, 08:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My grandma is trying to find out the name of this movie she saw a few weeks ago, and I was wondering if anyone out there would know the name of it.

She thinks Sharon Stone plays the main character (I already did a search on imdb.com and found nothing).

She plays a daughter who's dying mother gave her a letter to give to this Englishman. It flashes back to her mother when she was young, and she was singing in a nightclub. An english officer comes in with a girl. Her mother was on stage is singing a song "Safe in My Arms Again". The officer and her feel in love. She was married before, but she thought her husband was killed in World War II. She later found out that they made a mistake and her husband was really alive. She went back to America with him without telling the officer what was happening to her. She was pregnant with his baby, and she never told the officer about the baby. The reason was that she found out her husband was really alive, and she didn't know how to tell him.

If anyone could help, I'd REALLY appreciate it. Thank you!
Old 09-01-04, 09:45 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Does anyone know this movie?

Tears in the Rain

Plot Descrition: When Casey Cantrell's mother died, her last wish was that her daughter would give a letter to Lord Richard Bredon, living in the UK. When Casey arrives in London, Lord Bredon denies ever having known her mother. Casey meets Lord Bredon's son Michael and both fall in love. When Lord Bredon realizes this new relationship he gets really angry assuming Casey wants to blackmail his family somehow and begins to investigate her past. Things screw up dramatically when it appears that Casey might be Michael's unlegitimate sister.

Last edited by cygnet74; 09-01-04 at 09:48 PM.
Old 09-02-04, 04:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,096 Likes on 793 Posts
I already did a search on imdb.com and found nothing
I'm just curious...

If you knew (or suspected) that Sharon Stone was the star, and you had a plot description, your IMDB search should have entailed clicking on every title in the Sharon Stone filmography until you found the one with the matching plot description.

You obviously didn't do that, so what did you do?
Old 09-02-04, 03:55 PM

Thank you so much cygnet74 she will be so happy!

I looked through all the Sharon Stone movies but I was looking for a key word being World War II because of what my grandma was telling me. I guess I just used the wrong keywords. Go figure. I thought maybe she got the actress wrong and it wasn't Sharon Stone.

The only reason I posted here was because I asked my boyfriend if he knew what it was and he said no to post on DVDtalk.
Old 09-02-04, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Your boyfriend is a wise man.
Old 09-03-04, 04:40 PM

Yeah, pretty much. He said someone here probably knows it.