Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Still holding onto my Original release DVD's of Dawn and Day of the dead....why?

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Still holding onto my Original release DVD's of Dawn and Day of the dead....why?

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-04, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey all,

As the titles said -- i am still holding onto my original release DVD's of Dawn of the dead and Day of the dead..... Even though i have the new Day and will be buying the Dawn set coming out.....

Can someone remind me why i am holding onto these?

I think the featurette on the original Day is not on the new divimax release

and

the original Dawn has.... well, i don't know -- i need help with this one....

all i know is that it was real hard holding onto these while they were both going on eBay for upwards of $100 each at one point....

Thanks for the info in advance,

Matt

Thanks,

Matt
Old 08-31-04, 11:27 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 904 Likes on 765 Posts
there is no reason except maybe sentimental value and like you said some are going for $ on eBay. All the newer releases are far superior in a & v and have all the extras and more.
if you can get $ better hurry bc you can't tell and there simply is no reason to hold on to others for the DVD qualities.
Old 08-31-04, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

But....

Like i was saying, the 40 minute featurette on the original day of the dead is NOT on any other release....as far as i can tell...

Oh yea, the cut that is on the original Dawn is DIFFERENT than than any of the new ones from Divimax.
Old 08-31-04, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

well, i guess you answered your own question then. i have both original versions of Day/Dawn, and plan on keeping them for all of the abovementioned reasons.
Old 08-31-04, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,196 Likes on 1,501 Posts
The new version of the DAY OF THE DEAD DVD also had a couple lines of dialogue relooped for some strange reason, while the original release had the complete original soundtrack. I'm not thrilled with the fact, but I can live with it, considering that the new version looks much better.