Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Jai's "Heaven" OOP?

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Jai's "Heaven" OOP?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-04, 10:37 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jai's "Heaven" OOP?

I went to amazon.com and found that they are currently not producing this title. I went to Best Buy, and they told me they had never heard of the guy, and that there was nothing in their system. I them went to Virgin Megastore and asked them about Jai. I got the response of, "Who?....ahh let me check". Then the clerk comes back to me and says"I'm sorry we're currently not selling that title".
I don't believe this. This kid(23 years old at the time) Had a great voice, co-wrote the biggest hit on the album, great production, was very good live, had good looks, was humble and down to earth and played the piano, yet I have heard nothing from the guy since 1997. I seriously want to COMPLAIN about this to someone but I don't know where to begin. He was with RCA, do I go there.
For anyone who's heard him, you know what I'm talking about. For those who don't, please go check him out at amazon and hear some of his clips. His brittish soul and his androgenous voice were so unique, and his first album, not only has a 5 star rating at amazon, but his debut album "Heaven" got phenomenal reviews. Could someone help
Old 08-28-04, 12:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You could get it at Amazn UK but it's listed as an "import" which makes me think it's coming from the U.S. which means it may not be available after all.

You could get a copy for as little as a dollar at Gemm.com

or blow the big wad on the Japanese edish on the same page that has 3 bonus tracks

There are also piles of them cheap at Half.com

As for lack of attention, there are literally tons of very talented artists out there getting positively no press or airplay - welcome to the cold, dead world of the RIAA and it's minions.

-Gunshy
Old 09-02-04, 04:44 PM
Banned

I'm giving this one a bump, because I'm hoping somebody out there knows what happened to Jai.
Old 09-03-04, 05:39 AM

I have no idea what happened to Jai, but I bought his album when it came out and still have it. I really liked it a lot, even though it was a lot different than the music I was listening to mostly at the time (MSP). He really had a lovely voice. Hopefully, somewhere he is contemplating his comeback.

I remember seeing him on 120 Minutes (I'm pretty sure it was 120 minutes), and he came across as such a cool guy.
Old 09-03-04, 12:06 PM
Banned

In reference to being a cool guy, after his shows(usually at small clubs) he would go and shake people's hands after the show and thank them for coming. My friend went to his concert at a very small venue that had maybe 200 people in it.
Remy Shand( a Canadian Soulster) is the closest thing I can think of to Jai. Both extremly talented people who don't get enough publicity.