Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Quentin Tarantino's Blog

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-04, 07:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quentin Tarantino's Blog

it's here and has 2 or 3 posts about the new kill bill dvd with commentary, info about his new movie with adam sandler, and some opinions about cgi and stuff. also he said kill bill vol. 3 might not happen anymore.

he said he has been using imdb.com for years and posts on it in order to get script writing advice. pretty good stuff.

sorry if this has already been posted.
Old 08-24-04, 08:33 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 135 Likes on 80 Posts
Some fanboy has way, way too much time on his hands.
Old 08-24-04, 08:33 PM

Not to spoil your enthusiasm, but so far consensus seems to be that it's a fake. Sites like JoBlo have already contacted Miramax to confirm it's validity, so I'm sure an answer is forthcoming.
Old 08-24-04, 08:46 PM

It's bullshit. First there's a post that says he's recorded two audio commentaries for the upcoming special editions of Kill Bill Vol. 1 and Vol. 2, then there's a post saying they will both be edited together to one film. Which is it?
Also, the mails from Michael Madsen and Robert Rodriguez are a bit much.
Old 08-24-04, 08:59 PM

I just read this in Joblo's forum, quoted from Roger Avary's site:

"It's Bogus. A lot of people have been emailing me about this alleged Quentin Tarantino Blog, which is obvious bullshit. It's a fun read, and should be looked at as entertainment, but it's not genuine in any way whatsoever. How can you tell? Well, for example, Quentin would never in a gazillion years use the term "editing suite" and then know or care enough to guide someone to specific P2P client software. He's retarded when it comes to things like that, and simply doesn't care. Also, does anyone really think that if QT did have a blog that he's host it on Blogspot? And for the record, it's not me either (as some people seem to think). I don't have the time for two blogs! Still, it's kind of a fun read -- in a Rance kind of way."
Old 08-24-04, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning.
Received 1,077 Likes on 676 Posts
Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle
Old 08-24-04, 10:17 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I didn't read all these post or all the ramblings of Quentin, but I did notice this little statment that backs up the FAKE issue.

For TRUE ROMANCE Special Edition I was asked to do one, and I agreed merely out of interest. I turned them down for PULP FICTION and RESERVOIR DOGS because...let's face it...I talk about my movies enough already, alright, I don't need to be anymore. Who wants to hear me talk for four hours straight. That's more of a statement and not a question.
Anyone that has heard the From Dusk Till Dawn commentay track or have seen a few interviews "the real" Quentin has done, they'd realize he didn't do commentary tracks for Pulp or Dogs because he didn't think he could sit through his own movies after all the festival showings... But he said he enjoyed doing it for other people's films. Like the couple Jack Hill movies....

And if that doesn't convince you maybe the absolute absurdity of the entire "QT Diary" site is enough...

he said he has been using imdb.com for years and posts on it in order to get script writing advice.

He's a f//king Oscar winning writter... I don't think he needs the internet's help to write!
Old 08-25-04, 12:04 AM

What are some other fake celebrity blogs?
Old 08-25-04, 01:11 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks like someone fell for the
Old 08-25-04, 07:08 AM

Originally posted by Rubix
What are some other fake celebrity blogs?
Andy Kaufman

Sorry can't find the link atm maybe it's gone now?
Old 08-25-04, 09:21 AM

Here it is:

http://andykaufmanlives.blogspot.com/
Old 08-25-04, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by mikewendt

He's a f//king Oscar winning writter... I don't think he needs the internet's help to write!
No, just Roger Avary
Old 08-25-04, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts
The Hulk has one:
http://incrediblehulk.blogspot.com/
Old 08-29-04, 07:37 AM
Banned

*It's Real*
Old 08-29-04, 08:47 AM

How does that make it real? The whole thing is a crock of shit.
Old 08-29-04, 10:01 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

One of the reasons that I know it's a fake is that he referred to John Travolta and David Carradine as "failing" actors. While the word might be correct in terms of their career trajectories before PF and KB, I doubt he'd actually use that term to describe two people who are now his friends. The other is that I doubt he'd really spend so much time responding to all the fake claims...or spend so much time writing a blog at all.
Old 08-29-04, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I like how the person put the excessive "alright" on the site, just because quentin uses it when he actually speaks
Old 08-29-04, 11:38 AM
Suspended

Location: You have moved into a dark place. It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
But... but... Miramax hasn't released a statement saying that it's fake, so it MUST be real, right?

Old 08-29-04, 03:58 PM

I'm a pretty big fan of Ridley Scott in terms of his abilities as a director (dig the fancy sentences!) so I was a bit let down by AVP, but the graphics were kept to a minimum all considered and it had some good parts but overall...nothing special. I'm not really into that kinda stuf.
What? Like Tarantino wouldn't know that Ridley Scott has nothing to do with AvP...
Old 08-29-04, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

[quote]Over the past week a lot of people have been releasing statements saying this blog is a fake, and I've been asked to make a public announcement saying the same thing.

Here's something for all you people to chew on: You want to know why Miramax and I haven't denied the blog?

Because it's real.

Here are my explanations to FAQ:

You're not known for your good spelling, so how come everything's so perfect and you say 'alright' so much? Sounds like an impersonator.

I've said this before and I'll say it again -- I've got a transcriber/secretary who's basically writing down everything I say in shorthand, then transferring it to the computer properly. That's why the "alrights" are included, alright?

Roger Avary said it was a hoax.

Yeah, I was shown that earlier this morning. Guess what? If you'll notice Roger didn't actually have any proof other than saying I don't know how to use P2P networks. No shit. I guess it didn't occur to him that just because I don't know how to, doesn't mean I'm not familiar with it. I happen to know what P2P is because it was brought to my last year by Harvey -- he told me that Pulp Fiction is constantly being downloaded on P2P and he was trying to crack down on illegal distributors.

I might not know how to fly a fucking plane but I'll be damned if I don't know what the goddamn thing is.

Roger and I had a disagreement a few years back after Pulp Fiction came out and this is just his way of "getting even," by trying to discredit this as a hoax. Once he shows proof I'll raise my hands and admit defeat -- but that ain't never gonna happen. You know why? Because it's real.

Your publicist said it was a hoax.

Again, wrong. This was leaked on a message board forum earlier this week. News traveled fast and people started making more rumors up.

So I had Stacy contact my publicist (who asked not to be named in the blog due to the fact that she's getting e-mailed by all of you!) and the truth came out: She denied saying that. It turns out a message board called Cinemarati (or some shitty name like that) started a rumor about my publicist confirming that it was a hoax and other websites ran with it. A simple background check proves this is wrong. She never said that. At all. She never denied it.

So, two points so far.

MSN etc. have said it's a hoax. So did JoBlo.

JoBlo (which is supposedly a movie website?) took the claim on Roger's website and claimed it was truth. The fact is Roger was talking through his asshole because he has no proof and he knows it. MSN ran with the publicist story -- which is also fake.

When it all hits the ground the fact is that this "hoax" report all started due to separate lies. Newspaper sources have exaggerated.

If you don't believe me, just check out the facts.

I've given a few interviews recently and told people that this is real. I haven't denied it yet, and I won't. Miramax won't, either. Interesting, how so many people have contacted Miramax, and me, and yet there is no official confirmation of it being a hoax, eh?

What does that tell you?

Now on another note I told you all I'd be busy lately so sorry for the lack of updates to this but my secretary told me this all had started the other day and I thought I'd nip it in the ass before it got out of hand.

Tomorrow, or over the weekend, I'll respond to more e-mails if I can.
[/quote
Old 08-29-04, 06:28 PM
Suspended

Location: You have moved into a dark place. It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Graphics are for your computer and video games.

In the movie business, they're called "Special Effects," just "Effects" for short, or even abbreviated "sfx."

Graphics?
Old 08-29-04, 07:27 PM
Banned

I find it hilarious that so many people find it impossible to believe this blog

Like he said in that statement, there are NO facts and no evidence discrediting the blog. And I know for a fact, that had this indeed been a fake blog, QT would've DEMANDED Miramax take action to shut that thing down within the first few days!

As for discrediting it simply because of things QT has said or would never say, give me a break! The guy has been known to make a couple of mistakes regarding comments about his movies here and there. And as far as the "failing actors" thing, I'm sure that remark was made in jest, and he knows it's not serious enough to cause a severance of ties between him and Travolta or Carrodine.

The blog is REAL!
Old 08-29-04, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Enough people. ZDNET confirms this is fake:
Reservoir blogs: Fan fakes Tarantino diary
By Stefanie Olsen
CNET News.com
August 26, 2004, 10:36 AM PT

Celebrity impostors no longer need plastic surgery to be like the stars they covet--not when they have blogs.

A would-be fan of Quentin Tarantino, the writer and director of such movies as "Kill Bill" and "Reservoir Dogs," among others, has created a pulp fiction of his own, Web-style. He or she has penned a Web log, or diary, that appears to some people to be the movie star's very own, complete with photo, Hollywood bravado and his astrological sign. Those impressed with the ruse include Tarantino's publicist, who said "the guy's done a really good job."

"But it isn't (Tarantino's)," said Bumble Ward, a spokeswoman for the director. She added that the movie star has been too busy to notice it, but his camp doesn't plan any formal action to have the blog taken down. "It doesn't seem to be doing anyone any harm," she said.

E-mail requesting comment from the blog's creator, who hosts the site on Google-owned Blogger and has a Tarantino-styled e-mail address from Yahoo, was not returned.

In Hollywood terms, blogging has become as fashionable as Oscar night. Everyone from the fictional Barbie (Mattel) to broadcast journalist Al Roker has one, so it only makes sense that people would try to impersonate the famous online.

An updated, hipper version of the late 1990s "home page," blogs give ordinary and famous people alike a forum to talk about politics, their community or what they had for breakfast--if anyone cares to read.

Rumors have swirled that one anonymously-written blog, by someone named Rance, is actually penned by Ben Affleck or another famous actor.

Companies including Google and Microsoft are using blogs to give outsiders a feel for their corporate cultures. Some school teachers even employ blogs as tools to help children express themselves better.

But perhaps the fad plays well to the narcissism of fame, because more and more well-known people have started blogs or journals. Pop musicians Moby and Billy Corgan; national columnist Dave Barry; and the actress Melanie Griffith all keep blogs, if semi-regularly.

Dallas Mavericks owner and Broadcast.com founder Mark Cuban recently started a Web log.

Blogs may have climbed the strata of Net prominence thanks in part to Google, the search engine of choice for many Web surfers. It often uncovers links to blogs in its search results and seems to rely on them to determine popularity of a subject or query term.

The Tarantino blog, which started last week, sloughs off questions of its authenticity with Hollywood hubris.

"If I make a national announcement this'll just become a publicity stint, and I never intended it to be that way. This is for the fans, and if they trust me then fine--if they don't, all I can say is that convincing a few of them isn't worth ruining it by telling reporters who'll post it all over the 'Net and daily news. In this case the juice ain't worth the squeeze."
Old 08-29-04, 07:44 PM
Banned

Yeah, I'm sure if ZDNet says so, it must be true
Old 08-29-04, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by isamu
Yeah, I'm sure if ZDNet says so, it must be true
Did you read the article? His camp has spoken. The charade is over. Let it go.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.