Reload this Page >

Miami Vice?

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Miami Vice?

Old 08-24-04, 12:52 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Miami Vice

I did a search and all that so don't jump on me.

Does anyone have any new news of a Miami Vice DVD release?
Old 08-24-04, 12:56 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You, sir, have been JUMPED.

Oh...welcome to the forum!

Oh yeah...if asking a question, please use a ?. Thanks.
Old 08-24-04, 01:02 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I did a search and I believe I said new news, not that old crap I have read.

Oh yeah, I did use a ? when asking my question!
Old 08-24-04, 01:21 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
That "old crap" is all we have so far. All you had to do was post in one of those threads and it would've bumped it up. But, you might also want to try HERE .

And the "?" thing refers to the thread title. I did notice that you ended your message with a "?.
Old 08-24-04, 05:23 AM
ruk
DVD Talk Special Edition

its not official but they are working on it, they have a few articles on it at tvshowondvd.com

here is the latest article they have posted on their website, i cant wait for this either

Miami Vice - A slight update regarding a DVD release
Posted by Gord Lacey
7/10/2004

Fans of Miami Vice will be happy to know that the show is one step closer to being released on DVD with the announcement that a set is in-the-works. Universal issued a rather lengthy press release with information on various shows, including Miami Vice. I'm sure you remember the information David Lambert posted from the glossy Universal TV-DVD brochure in May, but the inclusion of the show in the this recent press release shows that Universal has moved the show to the top of their "Unreleased, but working on" list. There isn't a date set for the release yet.
Here's the information from the press release:

Universal's strength in the television action genre is once again flexed with the recent first-time-ever DVD release of A-TEAM, and the upcoming DVD releases of KNIGHT RIDER and MAGNUM P.I. The trend continues when MIAMI VICE, the television show that captured a decade and defined popular culture, will be released on DVD. Executive produced by director Michael Mann (Heat, The Insider, Ali) and Dick Wolf (Law & Order franchise), the multiple Emmy(R)- winning action-packed police drama, MIAMI VICE, set trends in fashion, music and filmmaking. Starring Don Johnson (Sonny Crockett) and Philip Michael Thomas (Rico Tubbs), MIAMI VICE is set under the pulse and rhythm of the glamorous resort city of Miami and is juxtaposed against the seedy haunts of the drug underworld. Led by a notable line-up of season one guest stars including Bruce Willis, Jimmy Smits ("NYPD Blue"), Ving Rhames (Mission: Impossible), Pam Grier (Jackie Brown) and John Turturro (O Brother Where Art Thou?), MIAMI VICE: SEASON ONE, will be a must-own for any DVD fan

Last edited by ruk; 08-24-04 at 05:28 AM.
Old 08-24-04, 08:09 AM

that's GREAT news! i thought the whole thing was dead for sure, because of the huge amount of music used!

i just hope they don't 'switch' various songs to save cash...
Old 08-24-04, 04:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks for bringing this up once in a while. I like the little updates on this as well because this is one of the few pieces I feel are left out of my collection! I watched one episode being filmed on a visit to Miami and while that was a bit boring (too many 'takes'), the experience was unique!