DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

BEFORE SUNSET Jullie Delpy/E.Hawk - 11/9

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-04, 01:02 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BEFORE SUNSET Jullie Delpy/E.Hawke

Great news!!

The sequel to BEFORE SUNRISE has been officially announced!!

Via DVDANSWERS

"Warner has officially announced Before Sunset which stars Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy. This Richard Linklater directed romantic comedy, will be available to own from the 9th November this year, and should set you back somewhere in the region of $27.95. I'm afraid we have no details on whether or not extra material will be included, but we'll let you know if we hear anything. The film itself will be presented in 1.85:1 anamorphic widescreen along with both English and French Dolby Digital 5.1 Surround tracks."

At the Berlinale 2004

Cheers,
Pro-B

Last edited by pro-bassoonist; 08-21-04 at 01:11 AM.
Old 08-21-04, 01:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A great movie with one of the best endings ever.
Old 08-21-04, 07:00 AM

I'll be picking up the two pack. Loved the first one and have heard nothing but great reviews about the second one.

"A 2-pack of Before Sunset and the original Before Sunrise will be available the same day (SRP $35.98)."
Old 08-21-04, 07:29 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Thanks for posting the pictures. Now I not only have a great dvd to look forward to, I feel all warm and fuzzy inside. God I loved that movie.
Old 08-21-04, 10:35 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

This movie is so good. I can't wait to buy it.
Old 08-21-04, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally posted by onebyone
Thanks for posting the pictures. Now I not only have a great dvd to look forward to, I feel all warm and fuzzy inside. God I loved that movie.

cover work could be seen here
http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?...4690&n=1&burl=

...and perhaps the double pack will have Before Sunrise in a keepcase too

Pro-B

Last edited by pro-bassoonist; 08-21-04 at 11:22 AM.
Old 08-21-04, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

At least the kept the original coverart.

Before Sunrise is spectacular and I'm hoping Before Sunset comes to my theater soon. According to the newsletter, it is.

Also hoping Before Sunrise get's re-released in a keepcase.
Old 08-21-04, 02:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts
I was hoping they might use this opportunity to do an audio commentary with Delphy, Hawke and Linklater on the first film. Oh well, I'll be picking up the two pack as well.
Old 08-21-04, 03:03 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Finally saw this film last week. Wonderful, wonderful film that even improves on Sunrise, which I didn't think possible. Very warm, honest, and fascinating to see how these two characters had grown and changed since the first film. If there is one misgiving I have it's
Spoiler:
that the ending should have been EVEN MORE ambiguous as to what happens after the fadeout. Celine states that Jesse was going to miss his plane if he didn't leave her apartment, to which he replies with, "I know". Well that pretty much says right there that he stays and they get together. Obviously not outright, it IS a bit ambiguous still, but not enough especially compared to the first film
. A small complaint about an otherwise terrific film that is already my #2 favorite of the year. Delpy, Linklater and the script deserve serious Oscar consideration. Like that'll happen. F****n' Hollywood.

Last edited by Rivero; 08-21-04 at 03:10 PM.
Old 08-21-04, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 372 Likes on 266 Posts
Originally posted by Rivero
Finally saw this film last week. Wonderful, wonderful film that even improves on Sunrise, which I didn't think possible. Very warm, honest, and fascinating to see how these two characters had grown and changed since the first film. If there is one misgiving I have it's
Spoiler:
that the ending should have been EVEN MORE ambiguous as to what happens after the fadeout. Celine states that Jesse was going to miss his plane if he didn't leave her apartment, to which he replies with, "I know". Well that pretty much says right there that he stays and they get together. Obviously not outright, it IS a bit ambiguous still, but not enough especially compared to the first film
. A small complaint about an otherwise terrific film that is already my #2 favorite of the year. Delpy, Linklater and the script deserve serious Oscar consideration. Like that'll happen. F****n' Hollywood.
But it is still ambiguous
Spoiler:
How many times have you been out late and had someone say "You'll never be able to wake up for work tomorrow" and you respond with something like "I know." It doesn't meant that you really won't be able to wake up for work tomorrow. His saying "I know" might mean "I know I'm going to miss the plane, because I'm staying here" or "I know, I'll be going now."

But in a recent interview Linklater said that he'd like to do a follow up film in a few years looking at the domestic life of this couple, so that seems to be kind of a giveaway of what direction he meant. Honestly, when I watched the film, I liked the ending because it left the possibility that they might be together, but in my heart I was pretty sure he left, because of his kid.
Old 08-21-04, 06:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

SCORE!!!! i absolutely loved this movie!! the first one has a special place in my heart and this one followed up on it superbly. i don't care how much i have to pay for this on release, it will be mine. great looking cover art too. just wish they would get rid of the critic blurb at the bottom though.

as for the ending...
Spoiler:
i think that even though jesse was married, he stayed and he and celine finallly got together. he spent so long regretting their decision to not keep in contact that he would not have made the same mistake twice. like the tagline of the movie says, "what if you got a second chance with the one that got away?" i don't know that too many people would not take advantage of the opportunity.

Last edited by kevin75; 08-21-04 at 06:56 PM.
Old 08-21-04, 07:52 PM
Mok
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Wow I love Before Sunrise never knew they made a sequel. I will have to check this one out.
Old 08-21-04, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Pretty quick turnaround on this one. I wonder if they are planning a re-release of before sunrise, perhaps as a 2 pack with additional features?
Old 08-22-04, 03:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

This is great news. I'm definitely picking this up to go along with the snapper I grabbed this week through amazon (9.44).

A keepcase of Sunrise would be nice in the two-pack, but I don't think it'd justify a double-dip for me this time....
Old 08-22-04, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 754 Likes on 491 Posts
I am so looking forward to seeing this movie. I loved the first one, but unfortunately Sunset did not come to a movie theater near me. But that's why I love DVD...
Old 08-22-04, 06:46 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Missed it in theaters, but am eager to see it on DVD.
Old 08-22-04, 08:36 PM

Geofferson, its still in theaters. Well it is in Boston anyway. Ive seen it twice in the past two weeks.

Justin
Old 08-22-04, 10:27 PM

YES!

best news i've heard today.
Old 08-24-04, 09:52 AM

FROM DVDFILE:

"Another small film largely overlooked in limited release this summer was Richard Linklater's romantic sequel Before Sunrise, which saw young lovers Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy reunite ten years after a vacation fling. Warner Home Video will release the DVD on November 9th, featuring a 1.85:1 anamorphic widescreen transfer, Dolby Digital 5.1 surround track, audio commentary (participants TBA), a featurette and the theatrical trailer. Retail will be $27.95."

really looking forward to a commentary on this. hopefully they'll give the same treatment to the first movie for the 2-pack release.
Old 08-31-04, 11:00 AM
Suspended

Location: You have moved into a dark place. It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Second best film of the year, and while I'm unsure as to whether it's *better* than the original, Before Sunrise (one of my Top 5 All-Time Favourites) it certainly *feels* better. It makes the first film better. I'm not sure how else to explain it. Together they're a better film than either of them are apart.

Really looking forward to this one. I'll buy the two pack if they include any extra features on the first film, but for just a keepcase... I don't know.

Still, it'd be nice to have both in a little slip case...

Anyway, I hope they can get Linklater, Delpy, and Hawke in for a commentary. I'd love to hear any of the three talk at length about their input to this film.

Just a gorgeous gorgeous film, and it's still playing in many markets. I may try to see it again this week.

Always happy to see fast DVD turn-around too.
Old 08-31-04, 11:20 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
So ready for this release
Old 10-12-04, 12:54 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Just a small update:

I placed a pre-order for a double pack (Before Sunset/Sunrise) at Blockbuster from my trade....however I dont seem to be able to find whether or not this will be a offer where the first film will come in a keep case (not that this is such an important issue ). So a double pack will indeed be available.

Cheers,
Pro-B
Old 10-12-04, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

that artwork looks great!! so glad that they didn't screw up the original stuff. less than a month away now.
Old 10-12-04, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

why i can't find the 2-pack n AMAZON.COM?
Old 10-12-04, 03:53 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
on the cover art!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.