Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Favorite moment from "The Office"?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-04, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Favorite moment from "The Office"?

Just wanted to know what everyone's favorite moment from "The Office" was.

I love the scene where David and the temp who was on "Blockbusters" keep discussing Dostoevsky and David has to keep leaving to look shit up.

David giving the motivational speech and the photo shoot before it.

David interviewing Keith about his strengths and weaknesses, and Keith just saying "Don't know" to every answer. Actually any scene with Keith tends to crack me up.

When David is beginning to sing with his guitar at the staff enrichment class, Tim turning to the camera and saying "He went home to get it."

For those who have seen the Christmas specials
Spoiler:
Tim and Dawn finally getting together...Niagra Falls *Sniff*

What some of your favorite moments?

Last edited by Abranut; 08-20-04 at 05:35 PM.
Old 08-20-04, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Well, I've only seen the first season but it killed me every time David stops to just point and laugh at the yellow puppet thing.
Old 08-20-04, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I love when Tim drops Garreth's stapler out the window and then says something along the lines of "you bring me to this."
Old 08-20-04, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 478 Likes on 314 Posts
I laughed my ass off in Season 2, at the one episode where David comes in to work suddenly wearing the exact same jacket as Neil.

I love the bit where he keeps carrying around the trade paper magazine he's on the cover of, and then pretending to be embarrassed when people notice it. I've actually seen my boss do the exact same thing.
Old 08-20-04, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm gonna choose a few from each series/special

Series 1:

The whole Training episode (4). An entire laugh riot.

Episode 5: The entire Chasers scene

Series 2:

Episode 4: Taking a photograph of David, David's motivational speech, the "Simply The Best" bit, David backstage/Dawn mortified by David's girth and sprayed with deodorant, David sucking in his chest for the Cooper and Webb (?) woman

Episode 5: David with duck costume. I felt so bad for him.

Episode 6: David begging to keep his job. Gervais is such a great actor.

I will spoiler this as I think it will surprise those who want to see it (and haven't yet):

Christmas Special 1:

Spoiler:
The "call ahead" bit, David and Gareth setting up David's online dating personal information, David's video, dating game bit at the end.

Christmas Special 2:

Spoiler:
David telling Finchy to fuck off. I hated Chris Finch with a passion. So much worse than David could ever be.

And of course Dawn and Tim getting together. I seriously cried, I don't care laugh at me!

Everyone getting and laughing at a joke told by David, finally!

David finally not wanting to be on camera anymore and asking if that was it. "Cheers."

perfect ending to a perfect series.
Old 08-21-04, 04:40 AM
Cool New Member

I love the bit with the stapler in the jelly

the bit where they are talking about bruce lee in way of the dragon (and go-carting)

the bit where they tim and dawn are making remarks in the office to gareth about could you take a man from behind

the bit where tim has his folders piled on the desk and makes gareth call him on the phone when he wants to ask him a question and then says leave a message and walks off

and bit when keith and tim are talking in the restroom on what they did last night and keith is eating a big scotch egg and tim says well i just stayed in last night and had a big wank
Old 08-21-04, 08:05 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Crocker Jarmen
I laughed my ass off in Season 2, at the one episode where David comes in to work suddenly wearing the exact same jacket as Neil.

I love the bit where he keeps carrying around the trade paper magazine he's on the cover of, and then pretending to be embarrassed when people notice it. I've actually seen my boss do the exact same thing.
The best part was when he got called out on how old it was.
Old 08-21-04, 09:10 AM
Cool New Member

Definitely the training episode (no. 4) from season one, I don't think any of the others come close to that level of brilliance (not that they're bad by any means, just that this one is so amazing).

The facial expression of the guy who was supposed to be the speaker is priceless.

Also, the whole last part of the second christmas episode (the office party) is pretty good.

I
Old 08-21-04, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 843 Likes on 589 Posts
There honestly were so many great moments that had me on the floor. I loved the Christmas special - a great way to end the series.

"There's been a rape upstairs!"
- David Brent.

Old 08-21-04, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Me na me na
(doo doo de doo do)
Me na me na
(doo doo de doo)
Old 08-21-04, 07:01 PM

Originally posted by Crocker Jarmen

David - "What brand is your jacket?"

Neil - "Armani"

David - "Hm. Expensive."

Neil - "Why, what's yours?"

David - "Sergio Georgini."
Old 08-22-04, 12:25 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 108 Likes on 97 Posts
The Christmas specials will air in october on bbc america
check bbcamerica.com for the airtimes.
Old 08-22-04, 04:05 PM

Originally posted by BadlyDrawnBoy
The Christmas specials will air in october on bbc america
check bbcamerica.com for the airtimes.
Great to know. Don't know why they've taken their sweet time in getting them over here. Guess I'll tivo 'em and finally be able to delete my downloaded copies.
Old 08-22-04, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I think mine would be from the last episode of the second season, where (I forget the character's name) the guy who was flirting with the secretary in season one finally tries to tell her how he feels and all you see is them and you can't hear what they are saying and the acting just relies on the emotions they convey. Great stuff. Just one shining example of how this series was just so good.
Old 08-22-04, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by calhoun07
I think mine would be from the last episode of the second season, where (I forget the character's name) the guy who was flirting with the secretary in season one finally tries to tell her how he feels and all you see is them and you can't hear what they are saying and the acting just relies on the emotions they convey. Great stuff. Just one shining example of how this series was just so good.

That's like the second most important element in the show.

That would be Tim and Dawn, and yes, that was a great moment!
Old 08-23-04, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

the bit where tim has his folders piled on the desk and makes gareth call him on the phone when he wants to ask him a question and then says leave a message and walks off
Yeah, this would be mine as well. Although any scene with Tim or Keith in it is usually my favorite.
Old 08-23-04, 12:36 PM

episode 4 in series one is my favorite. Every song is hilarious, and the way David interupts the speaker every time is great. The way gareth sucks up to David, and this time by singing background vocals.

I also love any time that Tim just looks at the camera and stares at the absurdity of what goes on around him.

Perfect show.
Old 08-23-04, 03:10 PM
Cool New Member

tim's birthday was really good too where he got the radio cap from his parents and dawn and her boyfriend bought him a big inflatable penis!
Old 08-23-04, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Re: Favorite moment from "The Office"?

Originally posted by Abranut
When David is beginning to sing with his guitar at the staff enrichment class, Tim turning to the camera and saying "He went home to get it."
That had me on the floor.

Tim's "How fucking stupid/absurd is this?" look into the camera is the best part of the show.
Old 08-23-04, 03:18 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 108 Likes on 97 Posts
You are all making me upset, my dvds are all packed up as I just moved and they are waiting to be packed, and I want to watch all the episodes again.
Old 08-23-04, 07:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 478 Likes on 314 Posts
Originally posted by calhoun07
Yeah, when I think of The Office, it's usually the laugh out loud moments that spring to mind, but it's the stuff like what you posted above that really makes the show special.

One of the most heartbreaking moments to me is a tiny little moment in the first Christmas Special. Where Brent is boasted about all the girls he gets to bang when he's on the road, and Neil tells him that he's getting married in a few months. The camera does a quick zoom into Brent's face, where he's overcome with the painful realizations that he's alone and unloved. Beautiful.
Old 08-24-04, 04:05 PM

Originally posted by Coral
"There's been a rape upstairs!"
- David Brent.

Great scene!
Old 08-25-04, 12:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There are so many great scenes...what to choose?

I agree with the stapler scene.

"How will they know it was me?"
"::sigh:: because it has your name on it."

I also love any scene where Tim and Dawn give Garreth the blues. When they twist up his answers to make it seem like he's gay.

I really loved the bit where Tim calls Garreth on the phone:

::ring ring::
"Hello?"
"Cock."

I died laughing at that.

Such a great show.
Old 08-25-04, 12:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
"Assistant TO the manager."

My favorite scene would be when David tells the crew that there will be redundancies...but the good news is that he got promoted.

I also loved the joke where David's introducing the Pakastini to anew guy and thinks he's "the other one." When the man calls him on the carpet about it, David accuses HIM of prejudice.

As far as touching moments, I loved when Tim asked Dawn out right after he quits. Also love pretty much any Tim moment, whether it be with Dawn or talking about his future plans to the camera.
Old 08-25-04, 12:17 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 255 Likes on 193 Posts
The cell phone bit was great

Also in the first season when they're all out at the pub and at the end the motorcycle with the swingers goes by and Garreth is in the sidecar.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.