Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

The Avengers Uncut Dvd Petition

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-04, 06:24 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Avengers Uncut Dvd Petition

Some of you might already know that the 1998 theatrical release of The Avengers was cut down from its 2.5 hour version to only 86 min. More than a hour was lost, that is why some scenes don't make sense. Many people belive it would even make the movie better. If you have seen the trailer you will get a taste of some of the cool scenes left out by WB. So a friend has put up a petition to get WB to release a uncut Dvd of the movie with every left on.

I know there have been many negative feelings towards this movie but I for one enjoyed it because I saw it thinking it was gonna be total crap. To my surprise it was way better than I had expected.

So If you liked the movie please go ahead to the link below and sign the petition, It won't take long. If you didn't like it, I think seeing 64 more minutes of Uma is a good enough reason to sign.

So please take the time and sign, Thank You
Old 08-19-04, 06:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not to burst your bubble but this movie had a $60 mil. budget and only made $23 mil. in the US. It was also heavily panned by critics and moviegoers alike. In other words: No new release. Ever.
Old 08-19-04, 06:48 PM

Originally posted by RyoHazuki
Not to burst your bubble but this movie had a $60 mil. budget and only made $23 mil. in the US. It was also heavily panned by critics and moviegoers alike. In other words: No new release. Ever.
The DVD format has become the saving grace for many a film that did poorly at the box office. (And was panned by critics, and was a big budget flop, and suffered from poor editing, etc., etc., etc.)
Old 08-20-04, 12:16 AM
Banned

They come out with a lot of bull**** movies with uncut and directors cut versions when they dont need it. This movie, being in heavy need of one, wont surprise me if it does get a directors cut release. Especially if it has fan support.

And whats a better way of making up the money they lost in theaters with dvd sales.
Old 08-20-04, 01:12 AM
Suspended

90 more minutes of stuff like the above?
Old 08-20-04, 01:29 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
The idea of another hour of that movie makes me ill.

I know they do this from time to time, but I honestly don't see a movie like this being saved by that extra footage.
Old 08-20-04, 01:57 AM
Banned

Actually the bears are from an old episode of the avengers tv show. So it is very appropriate for the movie.
Old 08-22-04, 03:43 AM
Banned

Hell yeah this movie needs an uncut version. I want to see the Goods!!
Old 08-22-04, 09:10 AM

Great film, need to see th full version!

Its better than most films people talk about on this bloody forum thats for sure!
Old 08-22-04, 12:07 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

i signed your silly little petition. i wouldn't be against seeing a director's cut of avenger's, since the theatrical pretty much sucked.
Old 08-22-04, 04:30 PM
Banned

Its better than most films people talk about on this bloody forum thats for sure!
Your 100% right about that!

Last edited by pawap20; 08-22-04 at 04:32 PM.
Old 08-22-04, 04:43 PM

i signed it i am all for this
Old 08-22-04, 04:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,259 Likes on 837 Posts
1. Petitions are silly and a waste of time.
2. That film sucked camel nuts and was a bloody disgrace to the original series.
3. What's next, petitions for SE's of Glitter and Gigli?
Old 08-22-04, 05:02 PM
Banned

Damn, had pics but accidently erased them off of geocities try to post em later with the rest of my post

Last edited by KarunaFan; 08-22-04 at 05:07 PM.
Old 08-22-04, 05:27 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Originally posted by mjlukich
The DVD format has become the saving grace for many a film that did poorly at the box office. (And was panned by critics, and was a big budget flop, and suffered from poor editing, etc., etc., etc.)

people have to show more interest then a silly interweb petition in order for a studio to want to do a special edition dvd. Or else it ends up becoming more of a negative income for the studio. Not only do you have a bad film that didn't make money, but now you have a bad film that didn't make any money twice and is sitting on store shelves.

There is little to no interest in this. No thanks. Online petitions working ratio is 0.01%

atleast you aren't aiming everyone to try to get them to sign your petition.
Old 08-22-04, 06:15 PM
X
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 124 Posts
What a shock!

Who would ever have guessed that KarunaFan, bluesaber18, and pawap20 are all the same person?
Old 08-22-04, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,259 Likes on 837 Posts
I wonder how many names are on that petition and into how many actual distinct individuals they translate to.
Old 08-22-04, 07:02 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
HAHHAHAHAAHAHAHHAHAH

Oh man, that's some funny shit there.
Old 08-22-04, 07:06 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You have to admire his dedication to an incredibly bad movie.
Old 08-22-04, 07:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by X
What a shock!

Who would ever have guessed that KarunaFan, bluesaber18, and pawap20 are all the same person?
Well, I'm a different person, and I'd like to see the Director's Cut also. I thought the movie had a lot of potential and some of the obvious cuts really hurt it. While I don't think the DC would be a great movie, I bet it would be a much better one.
Old 08-22-04, 09:07 PM

Originally posted by eXcentris
1. Petitions are silly and a waste of time.
2. That film sucked camel nuts and was a bloody disgrace to the original series.
3. What's next, petitions for SE's of Glitter and Gigli?
Well, I'm a different person also, and I want to know if anyone has ever actually sucked camel nuts? I mean, if nobody ever has, should we really be using it as a benchmark at all? How do we know it's bad. It could be the best thing since wireless cards and sliced bread.
Old 08-22-04, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,300 Likes on 944 Posts
Originally posted by Peep
Well, I'm a different person, and I'd like to see the Director's Cut also. I thought the movie had a lot of potential and some of the obvious cuts really hurt it. While I don't think the DC would be a great movie, I bet it would be a much better one.
Okay, you're [banned] also.

kiddin'
Old 08-22-04, 10:22 PM
Banned

Hello X,

Its me KarunaFan and Id like to clear up the problem with the names.

Including my 2 brothers and sister there are 4 kids in the family. Three of us share one computer while the oldest has his own. My computer is used by my younger brother and my older sister along with me. My older brothers computer and mine are linked through a router so we share 1 IP adress in the house. My younger brother is bluesaber18 and he has been on these forums the longest along with my older brother, my sister is pawap20 who recently joined yesterday and I am the second newest to this site. My first post was for an avengers movie petition in which my younger brother who really likes the movie also posted in to support it, My sister isn't really a fan and just wanted to help out so thats the reason behind her reply. My older brother doesn't really care that much so that is why he is nowhere to be found except in a few threads he posted in a few weeks or months ago.

So I am not just one person who is posting with differnt names. We are four different people who have four different names on two differn't computers which are linked through a router useing 1 IP adress. I would be happy if you can unban us and delete any posts accusing me of something I didnt do.
Old 08-22-04, 10:29 PM
X
Administrator

Received 154 Likes on 124 Posts
KarunaFan,

I have reasons to not believe you and you are permanently banned. Do not sign up again. And tell the "other" members of your family that signed up but didn't get a chance to post in this thread yet goodbye as well.