Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

A few questions regarding Alien Quadrilogy (Canada)

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Old 08-19-04, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,

Still havent picked this up but am thinking of getting it soon so have a few questions.

Is it worth getting the box set just for the 9th Disc ? I was thinking I could get all 4 movies as enrollment from Columbia House Canada but am wondering if im missing something great on the 9th disc that would make it worth paying for the box set ?

Also does the box set have bilingual packaging ? I noticed that the individual releases do but it seems to just be one of those throw away pieces of paper and there is no french underneath it to ruin the nice artwork.

Hope to get this soon so appreciate the feedback.
Old 08-19-04, 08:33 PM

I was thinking about getting them from columbia house as well. It works out to $60 or less from them but you dont get the last disc. I saw the set in Futureshop for like $85+tax(maybe more). So thats would be around $100. $40 for the 9th disc =P
Old 08-19-04, 08:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

No bilingual packaging for the Quadrilogy
Old 08-19-04, 10:11 PM

If i were you guys, I would get the quad. My girlfriend picked it up for me and i absolutely love it. I haven't even gotten to the extra disc yet. The only thing i wish i did have was that damn alien head, that thing is sweet. But i am happy with what i have. Where i live all the stores were sold out of it for two straight weeks. The only one i have problems with is 3. All the other directors were all for directors cuts and what not, but the guy from 3 (his name escapes me) is all selfish about it and on top of that the "clean up" job they did on it looks great until you get to shots with the alien in it. Then it just looks like it did in the original VHS release.
Old 08-19-04, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Htgeist
I was thinking about getting them from columbia house as well. It works out to $60 or less from them but you dont get the last disc. I saw the set in Futureshop for like $85+tax(maybe more). So thats would be around $100. $40 for the 9th disc =P
If you get them as enrollements its only 49c each + shipping. so I am wondering is the last disc really worth paying the full price of the box set for

Its a hard one to decide on, the 80$ or so i save could buy a few other dvds
Old 08-20-04, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Another question....

Do these films work on a PS2 ? I know they have branching so just wanted to make sure the PS2 isnt finicky about playing them.

Thanks
Old 08-20-04, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by metalhead212
only one i have problems with is 3. All the other directors were all for directors cuts and what not, but the guy from 3 (his name escapes me) is all selfish about it
Is this a joke? David Fincher ('Seven', 'Fight Club', 'Panic Room') refused to participate because the studio had taken control of the film away from him in the first place. How is it selfish of him to not want to deal with them anymore? I could see saying the studio was selfish when they re-cut the film without his involvement, but why is he selfish? I believe the word you wanted was "spiteful".
Old 08-20-04, 06:53 PM

Buy the Quadrilogy from Wal-Mart, it's CAD$80...