Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Angel Season 5 (Includes spoilers)

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-04, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel Season 5

according to www.tvshowsondvd.com, the insert included with the fourth season of "Angel" states that the fifth season DVD will be released on February of 2005, right on schedule...

heres the link...

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=2086

But what I curios about is if this will be available in the UK before then, or if for the first time in history will the US get a Buffy/Angel DVD set before region 2?
Old 08-17-04, 10:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,882 Posts
...and with it will end the saga of the Slayerverse.
Old 08-17-04, 10:46 PM
Suspended

why did they have to end it with a clifhanger!!!
Old 08-17-04, 11:23 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cause the WB is really really sorry for not letting them know before hand. A few of the shows that the WB planned to put in angels place never came about. But WB was determain that they would at that point which they turned to 20th century television and said.. No thanks and now are really really sorry about it.

I just enjoy seeing Puppet Angel whenever I go to the atm at work.
Old 08-18-04, 02:21 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Old 08-18-04, 03:17 AM

Mmmm, the Leather Pants of Evil.

*sniff* It's going to be all over.

How typical that they use a shot of DB from 1998? You know, before he got all puffy (well he was better in S5 than 4, much better, but still).

I hope Spike is on the cover of S5
Old 08-18-04, 04:03 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts
Puffy The Vampire Slayer. Brought to you by your awesome execs from the WB.
Old 08-18-04, 05:09 AM

Originally posted by zidane349
why did they have to end it with a clifhanger!!!
From an article...
Spoiler:
One fan asked why the Angel series was ended on a cliffhanger when the
series had been cancelled and there is no promise of telefilms. In
response, Whedon comically bellowed "Don't call it a cliffhanger!" He
said that the ending meant that "you never have to stop fighting. You
never get to stop fighting if you want to be a decent human being."

Personally, I think this will work much better as an ending if it doesn't get continued from there. (Not that I wouldn't love more Buffy/Angel, of course.)
Old 08-18-04, 07:25 AM

Yeah, that wasn't a cliffhanger. I don't think we were meant to wonder "oh my god, how will they get out of this??"--it's the same as the Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid ending.

Last edited by areacode212; 08-18-04 at 07:32 AM.
Old 08-18-04, 01:12 PM

The series "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" was about her growing and againg and maturing as a person, and that is exactly how it ended (I still like the ended to teh seventh season thats written in the novelization thought, because Buffy says "Cookies").

But on the same token, the "Angel" series was about 'fighting the good fight' for redemption, and the show ended with angel about to do what he does best.
Old 08-18-04, 04:00 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I hope Spike is on the cover of S5
Considering they don't have Cordelia to slap on the cover for Season 5 (unless the WB is really that desperate), I wouldn't be surprised if he's on there.
Old 08-18-04, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Rizor
Considering they don't have Cordelia to slap on the cover for Season 5 I wouldn't be surprised if he's on there.

That would really suck ass if Spike was on the cover. I say keep it how its been sofar and just plug in Amy Acker (Fred) instead of Cordelia. She was terrific in the entire season and she more than deserves the cover spot.
Old 08-18-04, 04:27 PM

Considering this may be the final Buffyverse DVD set we're ever going to get, I'm hoping Fox goes all out with the extras. I'm talking Freaks and Geeks-level here, with 7 discs, 1 or 2 commentaries for each episode, some cool, long documentaries (like the one on 24 season 2), deleted scenes (with optional commentary), outtakes, etc.

That would be a nice treat for all the "Save Angel" fans.

Of course, we're probably just gonna get 1 commentary per disc, maybe a few of the usual "Stunts of Angel"-type features.

Last edited by areacode212; 08-18-04 at 04:30 PM.
Old 08-18-04, 04:34 PM
Suspended

Be quiet u spike hater!!!
Old 08-18-04, 04:58 PM

while i was vacationing in NY, i picked up Angel season 2 and 3 (much cheaper than it is here), i canny wait for S4 OR S5 !

btw that pic up there with Angel in leather pants *drools*!! thats now my Wallpaper!!! w00t!

Last edited by n0fear88; 08-18-04 at 05:02 PM.
Old 08-18-04, 08:56 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Well, really, the biggest bitch I had about the finale of "Angel" was
Spoiler:
that it didn't really resolve anything. We at least should've seen the Senior Partners or something. And they sort of shrugged off the Shanshu Prophecy instead of actually dealing with it. Seemed kind of cheap to just toss out a plot point that's been hanging in the background since the first season.

Instead, all we got was Angel, Spike, and Fred go out fighting. Angel comes into the series fighting the good fight, and he goes out of the series fighting the good fight. It would've been nice to see WHAT he was fighting against...
Old 08-18-04, 09:23 PM

Re: the Shanshu prophecy:

Spoiler:
But the way they dealt with the Shanshu prophecy was exactly how they should've dealt with it. He signed it away because the idea of becoming human was no longer all that relevant to him, especially since there was a lot more at stake at that point. Angel wasn't fighting for a reward--he was fighting because it was the right to do. He realized this back in season 2.

from "Epiphany":
ANGEL: Well, I guess I kinda worked it out. If there is no great glorious end to all this, if nothing we do matters, then all that matters is what we do. 'cause that's all there is. What we do, now, today. - I fought for so long. For redemption, for a reward, finally just to beat the other guy, but... I never got it.

KATE: And now you do?

ANGEL: Not all of it. All I wanna do is help. I wanna help because I don't think people should suffer, as they do. Because, if there is no bigger meaning, then the smallest act of kindness is the greatest thing in the world.
Old 08-18-04, 09:51 PM
Suspended

Originally posted by Josh-da-man
Well, really, the biggest bitch I had about the finale of "Angel" was
Spoiler:
that it didn't really resolve anything. We at least should've seen the Senior Partners or something. And they sort of shrugged off the Shanshu Prophecy instead of actually dealing with it. Seemed kind of cheap to just toss out a plot point that's been hanging in the background since the first season.

Instead, all we got was Angel, Spike, and Fred go out fighting. Angel comes into the series fighting the good fight, and he goes out of the series fighting the good fight. It would've been nice to see WHAT he was fighting against...
seeing the senior partners in angel is like seeing satan him self in a movie than trying to use weapons to kill him its just stupid. My bitch was how josh weadon ended it. Yea
Spoiler:
Wes Died but we dont know what happend to the rest.
Who knows Gunn was like stabbed so we dont know if he died or not And i really dont think Angel spike gunn and fred could live through thousands of demons. We will never know will we!? and thats what pisses me off. Buffys series ending was great it didnt leave off as a cliffhanger we knew who was alive.
Old 08-18-04, 09:52 PM

I know that Cordelia can't be on the cover art (she was only in one episode)... but it would be cool if it was Fred and Angel, or even all 6: Fred, Angel, Gunn, Wesley, Spike and Lorne where on the cover art, but DON"T make it Angel and Spike!

But even better than putting the characters on the cover, I think a collage of pictures (like O.C. season 1) would fit the final season better.
Old 08-18-04, 11:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The way they've been pimping Spike on the show, he'll probably have a big picture in the center of the cover with a small, dark image of Angel lurking in the background.
Old 08-18-04, 11:09 PM

That's what I was afraid of too--I was actually thinking that back at the beginning of the season when that promo poster first came out.

Now that I've seen the BtVS S7 cover, I will be so totally annoyed if the AtS S5 cover is Angel & Spike. It needs a complete cast photo or a collage.
Old 08-19-04, 01:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Who knows Gunn was like stabbed so we dont know if he died or not And i really dont think Angel spike gunn and fred could live through thousands of demons. We will never know will we!? and thats what pisses me off. Buffys series ending was great it didnt leave off as a cliffhanger we knew who was alive.

This is a joke, right? How old are you?
Old 08-19-04, 02:00 AM
Suspended

err.. 16... are u gonna laugh at me about something now?
Old 08-19-04, 02:25 AM

seeing the senior partners in angel is like seeing satan him self in a movie than trying to use weapons to kill him its just stupid.
Spoiler:
So just to clarify here - you're pleased that they didn't show the Senior Partners in Angel, right? Or did you think the Circle of the Black Thorn was the Senior Partners?

We will never know will we!?
And that's the entire point.
Spoiler:
They couldn't let us know who lived and who died and still do an ending with that same dramatic impact. Personally I'll take the tradeoff, since it was an excellent way to end the series. A bit depressing, but very fitting.
Old 08-19-04, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

err.. 16... are u gonna laugh at me about something now?
Yes, your use of "u" instead of "you."

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.