Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Jason vs Freddy.... vs ASH!

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-04, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 723 Likes on 528 Posts

Ok horror-philes.. does this get your dick hard?

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr..._id=1000613334

Aug. 17, 2004

The Vine: Freddy, Jason aren't dead yet
By Borys Kit

Even before 20th Century Fox's "Alien vs. Predator" captured the top spot at the boxoffice over the weekend, New Line Cinema began plotting a new face-off for its horror favorites, Freddy Krueger and Jason Voorhees, who had their own moment at the top of the boxoffice in August 2003 with "Freddy vs. Jason." Sources said the studio is in negotiations with director-producer Sam Raimi for a project titled "Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash." In the proposed sequel, Freddy (the "A Nightmare on Elm Street" films) and Jason (the "Friday the 13th" pics) would go up against Ash, the cynical anti-hero survivor of Raimi's "Evil Dead" trilogy, which also includes "Army of Darkness." Bruce Campbell played the character in the trilogy and would play him again if the deal were to close. Although Raimi would not direct, he holds rights to the "Evil Dead" franchise. "Freddy vs. Jason" grossed more than $74 million, so even if a deal with Raimi can't be reached, New Line is determined to find a way to extend the franchise by introducing a new character or just pitting Freddy and Jason against each other one more time.
Old 08-17-04, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dear god, no.
Old 08-17-04, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
....Why???
Old 08-17-04, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Dean Kousoulas
....Why???
Because all the people who are into Friday the 13th, A Nightmare on Elm Street, and Evil Dead will shell out their $8-$10 to go see it. (including me )
It's like making a Disney Barbie...it appeals to both Disney collectors and Barbie collectors, which makes it sell twice as many. This is just times three.
Old 08-17-04, 11:27 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I pray to God this never happens. No, this does not get my d*** hard devilshalo, it makes my blood boil. They can make ten more Freddy vs. Jason flicks as far as I'm concerned, those franchises have been festering in the rat-gutter sewers for ages. But as someone who's been wanting to see Raimi go back to his roots and continue the story of his classic chainsaw-wielding hero, I say LEAVE ASH OUT OF IT. This "______ VS. ______" trend should be relegated to video games, not movies. I hate Hollywood.

Last edited by Rivero; 08-17-04 at 11:36 AM.
Old 08-17-04, 11:32 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
If I get to see Ash on screen, Raimi/Campbell are Exec Producing it, then I'm there.
Old 08-17-04, 11:43 AM

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts
Oh no...
Old 08-17-04, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts
I'm not a Freddy or Jason fan - which is why I would love to see Ash kick their asses. I've seen one Freddy movie and one Jason movie, but I'd definitely see this.

Hey, it's New Line: why not

Freddy Vs. Jason Vs. Frodo?

Freddy Vs. Jason Vs. Austin Powers?

Freddy Vs. Jason Vs. Blade?
Old 08-17-04, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

This news is so damn old and its also dead. When I went to see Bubba Ho-Tep on its first night in DC many many months ago... Bruce Campbell did a Q&A at the end of the film. One of the questions he was asked was what the hell is going on with FvJvA. He said he heard these rumors about it and New Line had little real interest in making it. Also, Bruce said he would ONLY do it if Ash was the flat-out clear winner at the end.
Old 08-17-04, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
As long as it doesn't say "From the Director of the number 1 Movie in the Country: Alien Vs Predator"...
Old 08-17-04, 01:11 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally posted by Lara Means
This news is so damn old and its also dead. When I went to see Bubba Ho-Tep on its first night in DC many many months ago... Bruce Campbell did a Q&A at the end of the film. One of the questions he was asked was what the hell is going on with FvJvA. He said he heard these rumors about it and New Line had little real interest in making it. Also, Bruce said he would ONLY do it if Ash was the flat-out clear winner at the end.
This isn't exactly old news.

Clearly movement is being made on the project. That's new.
Old 08-17-04, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
yup. which is the scary part about all this.

I wouldn't figure that the audiance for Jason or Freddy would entirely be the same audiance for evil dead. Atleast thats what I thought.

Seems rather silly and you would have to bring in the evil dead/ash slapstick humor.
Old 08-17-04, 01:46 PM

You forgot one other New Line project...

Freddy vs Jason vs... Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!
Old 08-17-04, 02:29 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by scott shelton
This isn't exactly old news.

Clearly movement is being made on the project. That's new.

Uh, there is NO movement being made at all on this project. Its all a bunch of bullshit rumors. Sam Raimi isn't going to think anything else until Spider-Man 3 is released. Here is official word by Bruce Campbell himself on his website.

http://www.bruce-campbell.com/

Hockey Mask, yes... Bladed Glove, Yes... Boomstick, Probably not...

Jason vs. Freddy vs. Ash? That's the rumor floating around this pile of clutter we call the internet.

My advice, don't hold your breath. Chances are, we'll be seeing Joanie Loves Chachi Loves Ash first.

In other words, nothing to report on our end.

Last edited by Lara Means; 08-17-04 at 02:31 PM.
Old 08-17-04, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I've always thought this was a bad idea. Why not get someone else like Michael Myers who would fit into the whole Monster fighting Monster thing.

Sure M.M is another studio but get the rights from Carpenter or whomever owns them.
Old 08-17-04, 02:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning.
Received 1,077 Likes on 676 Posts
I doubt, at least I hope, Bruce wouldn't do this. I mean, wouldn't it mess up the plot line...isn't he in the future now?

So maybe they should do Freddy vs Jason vs Marty McFly.

Freddy and Jason could kill Marty, Biff and Doc, you know, to up the body count, hijack the Delorean and take it first to Crystal Lake to save Jason's mother and then to Elm Street circa 1980 so Freddy could pick up those smokes he liked at the general store near the school, the ones they stoped making in the mid 80s, but the car is struck by lightening in the Freddy vs. Jason vs Zues battle and they are sent to the year 4000 where they encounter Ash fighting Aliens and Predators with a just unthawed Hulk Hogan.

Cliffhanger: Only Ash stands tall at the end when, suddenly, he is attacked at the knees. It's Chucky and Gizmo!!!!!! They are being controled by Micheal Myers and Mr. Pink!!!!

...and then, somewhere under the ruble, Jason's hand moves.

HOLLYWOOD GOLD, I tells ya!!!!!

Last edited by ViewAskewbian; 08-17-04 at 02:52 PM.
Old 08-17-04, 03:41 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

While I don't think Ash would be a match for this franchise, I'd go watch it. It's not like Evil Dead has much continuity that you would need to explain, and it's not like these movies in general are much more than exploitative fun. Granted, I know many hated Freddy vs. Jason but I thought it to be fun gory mess, and if they threw Ash into I'd be game to watch it.

Will it happen? Probably not though.
Old 08-17-04, 04:22 PM

I would rather see FReddy vs Jason vs Michael myers
Old 08-17-04, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Uh, there is NO movement being made at all on this project. Its all a bunch of bullshit rumors. Sam Raimi isn't going to think anything else until Spider-Man 3 is released. Here is official word by Bruce Campbell himself on his website.

You know, the reports all seem to point to this beginning to get movement. Here's a report from AICN.

http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=18164

So yes, it looks like there is movement on this project as of the last week. Notice that those comments were made on june 2nd, with the huge opening of AVP no doubt that has changed some since then.
Old 08-17-04, 04:32 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Hey genius, when is that quote and this info you've presented dated?

6/2/04

edit: Er, what jaeufraser said...

Last edited by scott shelton; 08-17-04 at 04:35 PM.
Old 08-17-04, 04:33 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.

You might want to get that stick out of there, you're sitting kind of funny.

You do realize that the main reason whyt his is in the news again is because of the success AVP had in the box office take in. No movement has been made but it does put the spot light back on this VS film.

Old news, possibly.. but the aug 17 date on the article is the reason why it's "new" news to some sense. accept it as that. Just it coming back into the light of discussion because of another VS film.
Old 08-17-04, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I want Ash back just as much as the next Evil Dead fanatic, but only if he's done right. I mean, what made Ash Ash wasn't just Bruce Campbell, but also Sam Raimi who wrote the funny Ash-isms and who also directed and shot Bruce in those chaotic and funny camera angles. It wouldn't be the same (re: the way the Predators and Aliens were "directed" in AvP)

EDIT: One of my co-workers says "Hey why not just throw the Leatherface and the guy from Halloween in there too?" .... I guess that'll be for the 3rd and 4th FvJ's.
Old 08-17-04, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'd rather see an Evil Dead 4 that takes place in the future, frankly.
Old 08-17-04, 05:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 723 Likes on 528 Posts
Originally posted by Breakfast with Girls
I'd rather see an Evil Dead 4 that takes place in the future, frankly.
Well, wasn't Jason in the future in Jason X?
Old 08-17-04, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by devilshalo
Well, wasn't Jason in the future in Jason X?
These two franchises just shouldn't be linked. Evil Dead should be about Ash fending off the Evil Dead (plural), not just one or two guys chasing him. And like someone else said, it would screw with the ED timeline.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.