Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Rainbow Six 3: Black Arrow (Xbox)

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-04, 01:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rainbow Six 3: Black Arrow (Xbox)

As I dropped off my girlfriend at the hair salon, I decided to stop by the video game store. Going in, I noticed the above mentioned game. This sure caught me by suprise- I didn't even know it came out. Of couse, I picked it up on the spot.

So far, I haven't played this online or tried all the new maps yet, but the addition of in-game clan support looked interesting.

Has anyone here been playing it? And how long has this expansion been out?

BTW...My GT is: rottentomato. See you out there.
Old 08-15-04, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's been out for almost 2 weeks. It's OK. The single player is OK, but not exceptional. The multiplayer is pretty good as in most Tom Clancy games.
Old 08-15-04, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Austin, Texas XboxLIVE Gamertag: Golucky Timezone: Central (CST)
I've got it as well, all of my friends that played RS3 upgraded, so I decieded to upgrade as well. Mostly it's my standby game, while I wait for friends to play me in NFL2K5
Old 08-16-04, 08:34 AM

I think the single player game is a VAST improvement over Rainbow Six 3. Enemies have better AI, and more importantly, the layout of the levels is far more interesting. Level design on the first game was appalling.

As far as multiplayer goes, it looks about the same as the first one only has a few new game modes and a few more levels. Like many others, I upgraded mainly because all ym Rainbow Six 3 playing online friends were, so like a lemming off a cliff, I shelled out the $35. But, I think it's worth it for new levels and a single player game that's actually fun and not so tedious.
Old 08-16-04, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Can you play the single player campaign with two players in split screen mode?
Old 08-17-04, 02:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 399 Likes on 299 Posts
This is gonna be $26.xx at Target next week if anyone was planning on getting it. I think I might, sounds fun, and I really enjoyed the last one.
Old 08-17-04, 02:41 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by nickdawgy
This is gonna be $26.xx at Target next week if anyone was planning on getting it. I think I might, sounds fun, and I really enjoyed the last one.
Thanks for the heads up, I was going to pick this up tomorrow but I can hold off till next week.
Old 08-17-04, 06:31 AM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

Thanks.. I'll have to take my receipt and get a price match. I just bought it this past Thursday.
Paid $39.99 for it.

Still trying to learn it. Its one of the types of games I have problems with. I made it through the training at least.
Old 08-17-04, 08:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

That will push me over the edge.
Old 08-17-04, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I kinda thought about getting this but I passed mainly cause all the people I normally play with aren't getting it. We all had a great time with the first one but they all seemed to be uninterested in this one.

A few of my buddies bought 2K5 and even if I suck at most football games it was cheaper than Black Arrow. I couldn't help but follow the herd on this one.
Old 08-17-04, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,808 Likes on 1,129 Posts
I still haven't played any dvdtalkers on the 1st one.
Old 08-17-04, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post
I just started playing R6-3... now everyone is moving to this new one. Bleh. I saw IGN's video review and it makes a compelling argument for why I should upgrade.
Old 08-23-04, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Since Target had Black Arrow for 26.88 this week I caved and picked it up. I just now put it in so I can't say anything about it yet.

For that great price I don't even care if my buddies pass on it cause the single player and offline co-op should be worth the price I paid.
Old 08-23-04, 06:06 PM

The game has offline coop? That is definitely something that they needed.
Old 08-23-04, 07:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by MasterofDVD
Since Target had Black Arrow for 26.88 this week I caved and picked it up. I just now put it in so I can't say anything about it yet.

For that great price I don't even care if my buddies pass on it cause the single player and offline co-op should be worth the price I paid.
Same here. I plan to check it out tonight.

If all games were released at $30 or less, I would be buying everything.
Old 08-23-04, 10:43 PM

Is it still on sale at Target?
Old 08-24-04, 12:57 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Get Me Coffee
Is it still on sale at Target?
Yes, through Saturday the 28th.
Old 08-24-04, 05:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

As soon as I posted my previous message my buddies came on. I told one of em I got the game and he said then he'd have to get it as well. Then he vanished off AIM along with my other buddy that lives near him. Seems they both ran to Target. In less than an hour they were home and we were playing.

Still a good game and this price is perfect. There is just enough new stuff to make it feel like it's worth the price. The levels are cool but I know they'll get much harder. This should keep me busy until my next big XBOX Live game comes out:
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2005
Old 08-24-04, 10:09 AM

Originally posted by dvd-fanman
Yes, through Saturday the 28th.
Thanks
Old 08-24-04, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 399 Likes on 299 Posts
I picked this up for $14.xx using a rain check. I completely forgot you couldn't use rain checks on sale items, so I lucked out. Can't wait to play it
Old 08-24-04, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts