DVD Talk
France and Real Madrid midfielder Zidane retires from International football [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : France and Real Madrid midfielder Zidane retires from International football

wendersfan
08-13-04, 11:55 AM
I just saw on Fox Sports that Zinedine Zidane has retired from the French national team. Arsenal midfielder Patrick Viera will take over from Zidane as France's captain.

Copenhagen
08-13-04, 12:05 PM
Yeah news came out midday yesterday, although I never really liked him as a player he'll be missed. It is amazing the number of players that I grew up watching that have left the international scene this year.

Aphex Twin
08-13-04, 02:12 PM
That's crazy...I didn't even know there was football in the Olympics.

Jericho
08-13-04, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Aphex Twin
That's crazy...I didn't even know there was football in the Olympics.

Well at least sort of. Although a tournament w/o Brazil, France, Germany, England, The Netherlands, Spain, or the Czach Republic is a bit disappoiting, even with the younger players.

So is Zidane still going to play club soccer? I'm unclear if international means just team France or all major soccer

wendersfan
08-13-04, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Jericho
So is Zidane still going to play club soccer? I'm unclear if international means just team France or all major soccer It means he'll no longer play for France. He will continue to play for Real Madrid, his club.