Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Czw Wrestling Dvds

DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Czw Wrestling Dvds

Old 08-11-04, 10:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Czw Wrestling Dvds

These just started to Appear in FYE stores and should be in Best Buy/Suncoast very soon. If your a wrestling fan check these out, they have good high flying and crazy deathmatches withs lots of blood, barbed wire. The violent out break dvd has the sickest fans supply the wepons match with a japansee wrestler getting so messed up you can see his bone in his elbow, and it has a 200 light tube match, yes they use ALL OF THE LIGHT TUBES. Sick stuff. And no this is not stupid ass backyard wrestling, its pro wrestling based out of philly that draws a decent 500 + crowd every month. Just giving you people a heads up because I know theres lot of wrestling fans and if you want some great high flying/ mat wrestling with the occasional death match check out the dvds.
Old 08-12-04, 07:49 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Never heard of it anywhere.

Amazon has 2 DVDs: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/se...526499-6686422

Are these the only 2?
Old 08-12-04, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How long are they? Are they the full shows or just edited matches?
Old 08-12-04, 09:57 PM

Smart Mark Video has plenty if you can use pay pal.. which I cant
Old 08-13-04, 02:42 AM

There full matches, and a best of kinda type deal. Their not on amazon yet, but can be found at best buy/fye/suncoast

http://www.fye.com/catalog/moviesPro...temId=11085214

That dvd is probly the best to get if your looking for deathmatches that are very bloody and sick.

The matches are from my knowledge

-Wifebeater vs. Nick Gage 200 light tube match
-Zandig vs. Lobo exploding barbed wire
-Nick Gage vs. Nate Hatred 200 light tube match
-Wifebeater vs. Zandig in a crazy brawl where Zandig gets streched in the ring and then WEEDWACKS wifebeater
-Mondo/Kasia vs. Pain and Kasmere FANS SUPPLY THE WEPONS match where kasia's back is loaded in blood and his elbow is split open bad.

If your more of a traditional wrestling fan, go with the Aerial Assualt dvd it has a lot of the crazist high flying stuff around.

heres some pics of czw:

The aftermath:
http://www.czw1.bizland.com/TOD3/IMG_1756.jpg [Linked due to gory content. D-]

The aftermath............

http://www.whacks.bizland.com/CZW/TOD2/DSC00954.JPG[Linked due to gory content. D-]

http://www.czw1.bizland.com/whacks/DSC03980.JPG[Linked due to gory content. D-]

Its definitly the best alternative to wrestling besides WWE so check out the dvds there awsome.

Last edited by Dead; 08-13-04 at 08:16 AM.
Old 08-13-04, 05:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
Is that bone poking through in one of those pix?

Je-suz!
Old 08-13-04, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

WTF?? I can't believe anyone would do this to himself for the little money they'd get! I doubt they'd even get more than $500 from one match in a small fed no one heard of!
Old 08-13-04, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by nickmondo1
Its definitly the best alternative to wrestling besides WWE so check out the dvds there awsome.
Maybe the best alternative if you prefer "garbage" wrestling, but I'd say ROH (Ring of Honor) is the best fed if you want beautiful matches without all the glitz and gimmickry.
Old 08-13-04, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I take it you've never seen Ring Of Honor. If you have, you'd NEVER say such a thing!
Old 08-13-04, 11:59 AM

No, I go to Ring of Honor. But I feel ROH has great wrestling, but CZW has more stuff going for them. Roh sure does have the best mat wrestling technicans in the US but CZW just has that atmosphere where they will succeed. I mean I loved roh the first year, but now I feel like its getting played out, and CZW is having some of their top wrestlers work for them and its looking a lot better and CZW wont get stale like ROH . Their even going to be on PPV in a few months.

Last edited by nickmondo1; 08-13-04 at 12:01 PM.
Old 08-13-04, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
CZW just has that atmosphere where they will succeed
Sounds like a poor man's ECW, and we all know how ECW DID NOT succeed.

BTW, You can purchase a few dvds off of Amazon's website
Old 08-13-04, 01:15 PM
GCS
DVD Talk Special Edition

Their even going to be on PPV in a few months.
Only if there "STUNTMEN" aren't all in the hospital or dead.

Don't get me wrong I like some hardcore crazy matches from time to time but this is not hardcore this is STUPIDITY!

Do any of these events actually have a wrestling match in them or are they just bloody messes??

Personally I am very sorry ECW did not survive. They had some great talent (before the end came) and they were able to provide hardcore/gimmicky matches and still give you MANY great technical matches (aka anything from Guerrero/Malenko). That's one reason why I liked ECW they really weren't afraid to try anything. Paul E. knew how to do wrestling but naturally sucked at the business side of things.

This crap here will never be ECW. Don't forget XPW tried this same stuff and you see how well they did, don't you???

This is all my opinion so take it for what its worth.

Greg
Old 08-13-04, 01:42 PM

Only if there "STUNTMEN" aren't all in the hospital or dead.

Don't get me wrong I like some hardcore crazy matches from time to time but this is not hardcore this is STUPIDITY!

Do any of these events actually have a wrestling match in them or are they just bloody messes??

See dude, they have wrestling matches and intergate good wrestling with the deathmatch stuff. They have no deathmatches in their main shows anyway and its good ol' technical wrestling since philly banned the deathmatches after a weedwacker incident. And if they have deathmatches, a lot of the time its the ending match in the feud to set it off. And the big spots are very well built up to to create suspense and anticipation. Its more then just the deathmatch stuff they have a lot of great wrestlers from all over ther country. And XPW was always a joke. Their deathmatches SUCKED HORRIBLY and made no sense, and XPW had NO GOOD WRESTLERS at all. CZW has plenty of young up and comers that have huge potential. They even have a junior heavyweight tourtament everywhere and this year Sonjay Dutt won, Yes Sonjay from TNA who first got recognized from being in CZW putting on great matches. Dont make a stupid opinon, if you havent seen any of their matches because its acctuly A LOT better then what you would think

Last edited by nickmondo1; 08-13-04 at 01:47 PM.
Old 08-14-04, 12:05 AM

I bought their first release and enjoyed it. Then I saw some of their wrestlers in person when they flew them in for a local promotion called Epic Pro Wrestling. I see HighSpots.com has some CZW DVDs for sale too, but they're DVD-R's.

I just ordered some shoot interviews, all the FanSlams and the last big Noah show from HighSpots....anyone else get any of their shoot interviews? Any reviews?
Old 08-14-04, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 154 Likes on 124 Posts
Wifebeater

Seriously though, this doesnt soundlike wrestling, although Im not saying it isnt any good. Whatever floats your boat.
Old 08-14-04, 03:29 PM

Hows it not wrestling? Its more wrestling then the trash soap opera crap wwe gives you. Its 2 men putting on a great match and giving the fans everything they have in the ring for the fans, its more then you'lll ever get on tv. Deathmatches is onyl a very small part of CZW they put on great technical wrestling matches that will just make you go WOW. Just watch it before you judge if its "wrestling" or not because it obviously is, its in a ****ing ring and is not just all the blood and guts, everything is built up to properly with pyscology.
Old 08-14-04, 03:49 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 154 Likes on 124 Posts
Hows it not wrestling? Its more wrestling then the trash soap opera crap wwe gives you. Its 2 men putting on a great match and giving the fans everything they have in the ring for the fans, its more then you'lll ever get on tv. Deathmatches is onyl a very small part of CZW they put on great technical wrestling matches that will just make you go WOW. Just watch it before you judge if its "wrestling" or not because it obviously is, its in a ****ing ring and is not just all the blood and guts, everything is built up to properly with pyscology.

Whoa dude! You need to seriously relax a bit. I think I simply meant that it sounds closer to backyard wrestling than anything else. If they have more traditional stuff too, then thats cool as well. No need to get so worked up.