Rescue Me - 08/11/04

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-04, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Rescue Me - 08/11/04

"DNA", Episode #4.

Spoiler:
A date between Tommy and the widow of his dead cousin takes an unexpected turn; Franco's ex-girlfriend claims he is the father of her daughter.

Cast: Denis Leary, James McCaffrey, Andrea Roth, Michael Lombardi , Jack McGee, Steven Pasquale, Daniel Sunjata, John Scurti.
Director(s): John Fortenberry, Jace Alexander, Adam Bernstein.
Producer(s): Peter Tolan, Jim Serpico, Kerry Orent.

Original Airdate: August 11, 2004.
Old 08-11-04, 08:58 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Starting now.
Old 08-11-04, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
I was on the phone
was leary really
Spoiler:
doing his wife or was he hallucinating?
Old 08-11-04, 09:59 PM

Received 99 Likes on 82 Posts
Best. Episode. Yet!

Old 08-11-04, 10:18 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
Originally posted by Geofferson
Best. Episode. Yet!

Geofferson, I've got to disagree with you on this one... it was almost the B.E.Y.

I was almost ready to turn it off after the first half of the show... but I figured it could only get better and it did.

After they got all the grinding was done, the show really seemed to go somewhere.

I have to give to props to Denis Leary and his acting in this episode... when his daughter was in the accident and he dialed her number to see if there was a ring, that was some good stuff. Also getting his wife to invite Roger to leave and his talk with his friend of the cloth, it all fit.

The one disturbing part was that quick glimpse a his daughter with his cousin and the rest of the 'victims' in the back of the church... is she really dead?

I don't think so.

But I could see Franco's ex-girlfriend keeling over from partying and leaving him with his daughter. That was no stretch, but having Sean take her around the 'room' and then party with her behind her back was underhanded.

Kudos goes to Mike who stayed in the bathroom for a few hours to avoid the three-way. That was funny... that whole scene was hilarious and uncomfortable.

I like this show, but sometimes its a little too uncomfortable... but then again it's on FX! The Poor Man's HBO!

Quick ? though... did the 'booty call' babe have that same tattoo his daughter had, or was he imagining it?

Last edited by Goldberg74; 08-11-04 at 10:23 PM.
Old 08-11-04, 10:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't think so, that's the blond bar slut he picked up and is banging on a semi-regular basis. He doesn't know her name.

dave
Originally posted by mikehunt
I was on the phone
was leary really
Spoiler:
doing his wife or was he hallucinating?
Old 08-11-04, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live.
ahh. thought it was his wife, but as I said, I was on the phone and not really paying attention. luckily I got off the phone before the plot intensive stuff started up
I sort of remember the bar chick from earlier now that you mention her
Old 08-11-04, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally posted by Goldberg74
Quick ? though... did the 'booty call' babe have that same tattoo his daughter had, or was he imagining it?
No, his booty call has a little heart tattoo. His daughter has a shamrock w/ the Murphy kid's initials in it. Speaking of his booty call - she's hot as hell. And so is his wife sometimes. And the cousin's widow - very sexy.

The probie's three-way sub-plot was very uncomfortable to watch, but funny as hell.

Franco's subplot is predictable, but it could be good if executed properly.

The last fifteen minutes of this show were excellent. Great job all around, particularly on DL's part.

And if you can't tell already, I love this show. Thankfully it's not on a major network, because it would have been shit-canned already.
Old 08-12-04, 01:31 AM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 259 Likes on 195 Posts
Another solid episode

The fax was pretty funny, as was the stuff with the 3-way.
Old 08-12-04, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
What a fun show. Frankly, while I'm sure the last 5 minutes will be the most critically praised part of the episode, it was my least favorite part.

That was one hot psycho MILF.
Old 08-12-04, 08:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actually, when he was with his booty call, he was imagining he was with his wife who we learned last week has a tatoo on her ass.

When his daughter appeared amongst the rest of the dead people in the church, I was affected. But he looked back and she was gone, so I think we can assume she isn't dead.

Great show!
Old 08-12-04, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Hero

so it was the actress that plays his wife during that scene?
Old 08-12-04, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

No, it was the other chick, but at certain times (basically when she looked back at him) he saw his wife's face. I'm guessing he liked it because he asked her to turn around again and said "I love you baby" after she did...of course, him fully thinking he's saying it to his wife.

It's the same type of hallucinations he has with his cousin and the other dead people.

There's an obvious reason he keeps banging this chick...*drumroll* because she looks a lot like his wife.
Old 08-12-04, 10:51 AM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
Thank the heavens that FX repeats this episode a million times during the week. A repeat viewing of this (while paying attention) could help answer this question.

Rescue Me: DNA -- Friday 8/13 @ 11PM/10PM
Rescue Me: DNA -- Sunday 8/15 @ 11PM/10PM
Rescue Me: DNA -- Monday 8/16 @ 11PM/10PM
Old 08-12-04, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Hero

ok. so it was her face
so I wasn't completely out of it last night
Old 08-12-04, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Definitely her face. Although they do look alike, the wife has the mole, and it's there when she turns around during the doggy scene.
Old 08-16-04, 10:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Dave99
I don't think so, that's the blond bar slut he picked up and is banging on a semi-regular basis. He doesn't know her name.

dave
She seems like she doesn't know his name either.
Old 08-17-04, 06:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Pretty sure that she can't remember his name either, like you said. I thought that is what he was thinking about when he was banging her, but I guess he was thinking about his wife.

Great episode.