Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Fantasy Baseball Keeper Blalock or Soriano?

crow121
08-09-04, 01:39 PM
Which one for a keeper. Both positions are tough

El Scorcho
08-09-04, 01:46 PM
I'd find a way to keep em both. Who are your other keepers?

crow121
08-09-04, 01:47 PM
Hudson, Crawford, and Tejada are the other keepers

El Scorcho
08-09-04, 01:59 PM
I'd get rid of Crawford. He's really only super valuable in one category (SB) and marginally valuable in two others (AVG & R).

I'm against having OFs that only get you 10 HR and 60 RBI in a season for the sake of steals. Sacrificing too many categories to dominate one.

twikoff
08-09-04, 02:14 PM
yep.. your question should be over whether to keep crawford or blalock

crow121
08-09-04, 02:19 PM
what if the decision was between blalock and soriano and that's all i had.

Deftones
08-09-04, 02:25 PM
Agreed. Get rid of Crawford. He's a monster w/ SBs, but that's about it. I'd keep Blalock and Soriano, if possible. If you had to choose one, I'd say Soriano simply because he's one of, if not the best 2B in the league. Blalock is great, but there are alot of other players at that position that can equal his stats.

crow121
08-09-04, 02:27 PM
well it's only because i have blalock, but someone offered soriano for blalock, derek lee, and some pitchers, none of whom i would keep other than blalock. so should i do the trade. i'm not gonna win this year, and i could either start off with hudson, tejada, crawford, and soriano or blalock.

Quake1028
08-09-04, 02:49 PM
Soriano.

Roto
08-09-04, 02:53 PM
Originally posted by crow121
what if the decision was between blalock and soriano and that's all i had.
You keep Soriano between those two. Third base is a lot deeper than second. I think second base dropped to the weakest position this year behind catcher if it wasn't already.

Da Thrilla
08-09-04, 03:24 PM
I'd keep Soriano. Blalock is in a major slump right now.

LurkerDan
08-09-04, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by crow121
well it's only because i have blalock, but someone offered soriano for blalock, derek lee, and some pitchers, none of whom i would keep other than blalock. so should i do the trade. i'm not gonna win this year, and i could either start off with hudson, tejada, crawford, and soriano or blalock. If you're not going to win this year, YES MAKE THAT TRADE.

Soriano is one of the best FBB players out there. Blalock, while excellent, is not.

Steam
08-09-04, 07:00 PM
Soriano. Second base is very weak. Plus, with Tejada you will be 2/3rds of the way to a great mid-infielder (provided you play with a 2nd/Short slot as well).

I have a similar debate with my keepers. I have Mulder, K-Rod, Jeter, Victor Martinez, and Hafner. Plus Beltran if he comes back to the AL. Of course since I needed steals and already had enough keepers I traded Baldelli last week for Alex Sanchez who promptly went on the DL (I knew it was a possibility but Baldelli was bothering me)

DVD Josh
08-10-04, 06:05 AM
Everyone's right - 2B is a hard position to fill. I'd keep Hank, because I think he'll be one of the premeire hitters of the decade by the time it's done.

twikoff
08-10-04, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by DVD Josh
Everyone's right - 2B is a hard position to fill. I'd keep Hank, because I think he'll be one of the premeire hitters of the decade by the time it's done.

you say everyone is right
but then your the only person to suggest keeping blalock instead of soriano? :hscratch:

Im assuming that was a typo?