DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-3/)
-   -   This Island Earth dvd back in print? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk/378983-island-earth-dvd-back-print.html)

duff beer 08-08-04 12:34 AM

This Island Earth dvd back in print?

When i was little i remember going to watch scifi movies in the 70s like This Island Earth and Invasion of the Saucer Men, well i wanted to buy This Island Earth DVD but since it was out of print i checked ebay and the prices were 200-300. I'm willing to pay no more than 20 for a DVD but when are they going to be back in print?

dom56 08-08-04 10:25 AM

I would loved to see this re-released. Can't believe this dvd going up in value in ebay, at amazon the cheapest you can get is $175. Universal need to get this back in print, but their are some old sci-fi that I want have not ever been on dvd. Here a list I want.

Tarantula - Probably the second big bug flick I liked after Them!
The Incredible Shrinking Man - A classic!! The ending moved me.
The Mole People - Hey Beaver's dad in it. :)
Colussus: The Forbin Project - A lotta people want this badly out.
The Deadly Mantis - Not as good as Tarantula, but I will buy it.

C'mon Universal get your a** up and get them released. :mad:

marty888 08-08-04 11:15 AM

Universal is slowly re-releasing all those OOP titles that Image had released when they had the rights, so I guess we just have to hand in there and hope it's sooner rather than later.

duff beer 08-08-04 02:33 PM

Yeah i really liked their creature from the black lagoon collection.

devynal 08-08-04 06:57 PM

Only in a perfect world would "This Island Earth" be bundled with its MST3K counterpart, which is also oop. :)

duff beer 08-09-04 12:50 AM

Originally posted by marty888
Universal is slowly re-releasing all those OOP titles that Image had released when they had the rights, so I guess we just have to hand in there and hope it's sooner rather than later.
Where did you see this?

marty888 08-09-04 08:42 AM

Originally posted by duff beer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Universal is slowly re-releasing all those OOP titles that Image had released when they had the rights, so I guess we just have to hang in there and hope it's sooner rather than later.
Where did you see this?

It's an observation, based on the fact that these titles (among others)- originally released by Image and then OOP - have been now released and/or announced by Universal:

<b>Sixteen Candles, They Live, Amazon Women on the Moon, Andromeda Strain, Casual Sex, Fahrenheit 451, Midnight Run, Weird Science, Bordello of Blood</b> and the recently announced <b>Marx Brothers</b> titles.i

sparks 08-09-04 03:35 PM

Actually, the DVD was clearer but the LD had better color.

Hope it has both and not the same print if reissued.

duff beer 08-10-04 02:00 AM

LD=Laser Disc?

duff beer 08-14-04 05:26 PM

It's an observation, based on the fact that these titles (among others)- originally released by Image and then OOP - have been now released and/or announced by Universal:

<b>Sixteen Candles, They Live, Amazon Women on the Moon, Andromeda Strain, Casual Sex, Fahrenheit 451, Midnight Run, Weird Science, Bordello of Blood</b> and the recently announced <b>Marx Brothers</b> titles.i

Where is This Island Earth in that?

marty888 08-14-04 05:42 PM

Originally posted by duff beer
Where is This Island Earth in that?
Try re-reading my original post. It does not state that this title has been re-released or announced - simply that many OTHER titles that have gone the same way as <i>This Island Earth</i> HAVE been re-released or announced.

Sometimes I wonder why I even bother....

duff beer 08-14-04 06:24 PM

I understand but since This Island Earth is better than the majority of them, and more popular, why don't announce the most badly needed RP first.

DickS 08-16-04 12:20 AM

Originally posted by sparks
Actually, the DVD was clearer but the LD had better color.

Hope it has both and not the same print if reissued.

Both DVD and LD were too high in contrast, especially the LD. Details were lost in an image that appeared overexposed.

Tigger 08-16-04 12:22 AM

They should get in a Russell Johnson commentary before he passes as well.

duff beer 08-16-04 10:27 PM

I hope it comes in this month.