Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Buffy: Season 7 -- When's It Coming Out?

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-04, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 156 Likes on 96 Posts

"Are you ready to finish this, bitch?"
--Caleb ("Chosen")

I sure am. My collection of Buffy DVD's that is.

By the insert in the "Buffy" season 6 DVD it says that it comes out in October. The question is when in October? The 4th, the 11th, the 18th, or the 25?

Anybody know?
Old 08-07-04, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DVDAficionado says it's coming out on 10/26.

Can't wait!

Rob
Old 08-08-04, 01:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The 26th sounds right, it seems like it's always released on the last tuesday of the month
Old 08-08-04, 01:39 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This is a very underrated season of TV. If the region 1 dvd is as good as region 2 or better, you are all in for a treat,
Old 08-08-04, 01:50 PM

Would it possibly contain the AMC special?

I know season 6 had the A&E special on it
Old 08-08-04, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Ive been hearing alot of rumors on differnt sites that are saying that either the region 1 Season 7 Set is going to be a huge deal (like 8/9 discs) or that a few months after the set is released, their is going to be another Buffy DVD release that is basically 3/4 discs of special features... but I havn't heard that on dvdfile.

But the 8 Disc season 7 is supported by another rumor that the reason Angel Season 5 will take so long for DVD is because it will also be an 8/9 disc set...

I hope these are true, because that would be awesome.
Old 08-08-04, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 754 Likes on 491 Posts
I hadn't heard about any extra discs in the package or future special features discs but that would be great to have. I always wanted to hear a little bit more from Joss.
Old 08-08-04, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,408 Likes on 1,031 Posts
Anybody heard anything else about these being re-released in slimcases?
Old 08-08-04, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Can't wait to get my hands on this.
Old 08-08-04, 08:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,882 Posts
I think that most of this stuff about S7 containing more than six DVDs, re-releases in slimcases, and everything else is just speculation at this point. I haven't read or heard anything remotely "official" about any of this.

The region 2 edition of season seven is only six discs, and the R1 releases are generally just ports of those sets, occasionally with an extra feature here and there, but nothing elaborate.

About a slimcase reissue, is this just for Buffy and Angel, or will they do this for other crappy cardboard fold-outs like X-Files and 24? Anyone heard anything about those series?
Old 08-11-04, 01:03 PM

About a slimcase reissue, is this just for Buffy and Angel, or will they do this for other crappy cardboard fold-outs like X-Files and 24? Anyone heard anything about those series?
Like you said up above about hearing speculation, but nothing "officail" I've been reading that Fox plans on releasing only Buffy and Angel in the slim cases, but the main reason they're going to release the seasons again, is because they want to include deleted scenes, and more commentaries, than they could the first time around.
Old 08-11-04, 01:05 PM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts
I need this to be released ASAP! I'm watching these for the first time, and I need Buffy S7/Angel S5 NOW!!
Old 08-11-04, 02:36 PM

People
For a very good source of information, check out saveangel.org.
WB is very embassed about canceling the show and something maybe happening. The cartoon version of Buffy is definitely a go.
Austin
Old 08-13-04, 08:49 PM

The cartoon version of Buffy is definitely a go
The Pilot Presentation is a go, but no network has officailly bought it yet.
Old 08-14-04, 04:09 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

what i've heard is that after S7, the future Buffy releases will be 'theme' discs (or sets), focusing on the best or most substantial episodes with a different character-
i.e. a Willow disc, a Xander disc, Sike disc, etc - w/ assorted eps culled from the entire 7 seasons.

i'm looking forward to S7 too.
although i don't expect it to reach the heights of S6.
i know a lot of fans didn't appreciate the direction the show took in that season, but i found it refreshing.
Spoiler:
in fact, i think it will have ended up doing more justice to the Phoenix storyline than X3/4 will. most of the same themes are there- the aftermath of Resurrection and the corrupting influence of power- just that they are spread out over two different characters

i was suprised how unexpectedly satisfying S6 was.
Old 08-18-04, 10:39 PM

November 16th

Now I'm really hoping that the Angel S5 set has all 7 credited characters on the cover.
Old 08-18-04, 10:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Can't wait!

(November is gonna be an expensive month!)

Rob
Old 08-18-04, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,726 Likes on 1,882 Posts
AAAAAAUUUUUGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spike on another cover! No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At least they could've dropped Faith in there, too.

But do I like the turquoise color scheme.
Old 08-18-04, 11:13 PM

I like the turquoise too, but the other BtVS DVDs had more subdued color schemes, and the words "The Complete Xth Season on DVD" (on the spine) were always white on a dark background. Having this bright flash of blue at the end of my collection might look weird on my shelf.
Old 08-19-04, 07:29 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Josh-da-man
AAAAAAUUUUUGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spike on another cover! No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At least they could've dropped Faith in there, too.

But do I like the turquoise color scheme.
I wish they had used my cast scheme for the covers, which basically covers everyone of importance:

1 - Buffy/Giles
2 - Buffy/Angel
3 - Buffy/Faith
4 - Buffy/Riley
5 - Buffy/Dawn/Joyce
6 - Buffy/Xander/Willow
7 - Buffy/Spike

I could just never figure out where to fit in Anya and Oz. Both are big characters, but aren't as important in the long run of the show. Cordy gets her due on the Angel covers.
Old 08-20-04, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 754 Likes on 491 Posts
I cannot believe I almost have all the Buffy episodes on DVD. I have to say, it will be an exciting and sad moment when Season 7 lands on my doorstep.
Old 08-20-04, 08:08 PM

Originally posted by critterdvd
Ive been hearing alot of rumors on differnt sites that are saying that either the region 1 Season 7 Set is going to be a huge deal (like 8/9 discs) or that a few months after the set is released, their is going to be another Buffy DVD release that is basically 3/4 discs of special features... but I havn't heard that on dvdfile.

But the 8 Disc season 7 is supported by another rumor that the reason Angel Season 5 will take so long for DVD is because it will also be an 8/9 disc set...

I hope these are true, because that would be awesome.
I, being the huge buffy dork that I am, couldn't wait until the R1 versions of S6 and S7, and bought both of the R2 ones. They're both very good. If this rumor is true (i haven't heard anything about it, though, and i frequent whedonesque), i'd definitely pick it up
Old 08-21-04, 02:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Nov 17 can't come soon enough. It will be bittersweet though...
Old 08-22-04, 01:00 PM

I really enjoyed season 7... more than i have enjoyed the show ever since the end of the highschool years...

I have really been looking forward to this announcment, but now that it is here, im actually kind-of chocked up about it, because now the show is really over, and their isn't anything "new" to look forward to...

But on the note of the cover art... I always pictured faith and the slayers-in-training on the cover art... not spike (he already got his turn in season 5).... oh well beggers can't be choosers (what happend to the 8disc se tthough?)
Old 08-22-04, 07:59 PM

You're right about the theme discs. In the UK we now have the Xander, Willow, Spike discs etc, which are basically "best character eps" and a way of trying to milk the most money out of the fans.

The R2 season 7 has been out a while and if yours is the same you won't be disappointed, except for dialogue lag in one particular ep. The commentarys are very good, I especially like Danny Strong and Tom Lenk's which is as funny as you'd expect.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.