Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

Napolean Dynamite...When Will It Be Released On DVD?

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-04, 12:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anybody know when this movie will be released on DVD?
I hope it is released by Christmas time. I have seen it twice in the theatres and want to see it again but don't want to keep shelling out $10.25 everytime. I think this movie will become a huge selling and rented dvd overtime (A Classic).
Old 08-07-04, 01:29 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Re: Napolean Dynamite...When Will It Be Released On DVD?

Originally posted by SWR 1
I think this movie will become a huge selling and rented dvd overtime (A Classic).
REMOVED

Last edited by scott shelton; 08-07-04 at 07:45 PM.
Old 08-07-04, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,881 Likes on 1,238 Posts
Re: Napolean Dynamite...When Will It Be Released On DVD?

I hope it is released by Christmas time.
More than likely, I think it will. Nothing's been officially announced, but if I had to make a completely baseless guess, I'd lean towards a release date in October or November. It could be a little further off than that if the movie continues to do well theatrically and starts to expand onto even more screens.
Old 08-07-04, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Re: Napolean Dynamite...When Will It Be Released On DVD?

Originally posted by scott shelton
I disagree.
You disgraced my city with that thread crap.

I have a nice feeling Napoleon Dynamite will make it's way onto DVD by year's end as apart of that Fox's "4th quarter deal" Mao mentioned a few weeks ago when he found out the dates to a few of Fox's winter releases.

I've seen it three times already (all for free, as I'm apart of the fan club) and it's a great movie. I need to see it again to see the new coda, but the moment the flick hits DVD, it's all mine.
Old 08-07-04, 01:49 PM

Re: Re: Re: Napolean Dynamite...When Will It Be Released On DVD?

Originally posted by Matthew Chmiel
You disgraced my city with that thread crap.

I have a nice feeling Napoleon Dynamite will make it's way onto DVD by year's end as apart of that Fox's "4th quarter deal" Mao mentioned a few weeks ago when he found out the dates to a few of Fox's winter releases.

I've seen it three times already (all for free, as I'm apart of the fan club) and it's a great movie. I need to see it again to see the new coda, but the moment the flick hits DVD, it's all mine.

I am part of the fan club as well. Does that mean I can go to more viewings for free? I originally saw it at a screening in May, when it supposedly was only in two theatres in the whole country.

As for the dvd, My uncle owns one of the oldest video stores in the whole country, as soon as he saw this movie he said the same thing I said, "It will be a cult classic in dvd format". This is exactly the type of movie that will do even better and translate better in a home theatre atmosphere. How well did Dazed and Confused do at the theatres? It was not even released in the theatres in a lot communities because of content, and that movie is a huge rental. Hopefully the dvd will be Flippin' great, with a lot extras.
Old 08-07-04, 04:07 PM
Mao

Received 63 Likes on 39 Posts
All I can say right now is....expect it in mid-November.
Old 08-07-04, 05:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

This movie is already turning into a cult classic.

Oh, and Scott - nice thread crap. Wait, no it wasn't.
Old 08-07-04, 07:01 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Tarantino
This movie is already turning into a cult classic.

Oh, and Scott - nice thread crap. Wait, no it wasn't.
I really don't see that remark as a thread crap. Scott simply disagreed with the idea it would be a big seller that many people would flock to once it hits DVD. I even liked Napolean Dynamite (not enough to join a fan club, but then again, different strokes, you know.) but I too would disagree with that statement. I just don't think it would catch on to sell that many DVDs or be rented that many times once it hits DVD. If disagreeing with a statement made in a thread is a thread crap, then I guess we can just stop discussing things around here.
Old 08-07-04, 07:15 PM

I agree but...

Originally posted by badger1997
I really don't see that remark as a thread crap. Scott simply disagreed with the idea it would be a big seller that many people would flock to once it hits DVD. I even liked Napolean Dynamite (not enough to join a fan club, but then again, different strokes, you know.) but I too would disagree with that statement. I just don't think it would catch on to sell that many DVDs or be rented that many times once it hits DVD. If disagreeing with a statement made in a thread is a thread crap, then I guess we can just stop discussing things around here.

I agree with you that disagreeing with a statement made in isn't necessarily a thread crap, everyone should have the right to their own opinion. But to be perfectly honest, if you don't like a movie why even put your two cents in, when the thread is obviously for people who are enthusiasts. Its not wrong to disagree but its a dick move. That's my opinion. I respect Scott's opinion and yours, and you should respect everyone elses including the people who think it is a thread crap.
Old 08-07-04, 07:47 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Re: I agree but...

I agree with you that disagreeing with a statement made in isn't necessarily a thread crap, everyone should have the right to their own opinion. But to be perfectly honest, if you don't like a movie why even put your two cents in, when the thread is obviously for people who are enthusiasts. Its not wrong to disagree but its a dick move. That's my opinion. I respect Scott's opinion and yours, and you should respect everyone elses including the people who think it is a thread crap.
Agreed. I shouldn't have said anything. I've done enough bitching about this God-awful film in the movie forum.

I apologize.

Last edited by scott shelton; 08-07-04 at 07:49 PM.
Old 08-07-04, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Frickin' idiot!

K
Old 08-07-04, 11:55 PM
Banned

Videoeta.com is Estimating that it will be on Video October 2004. They are usually always right.
Old 08-08-04, 01:46 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
I enjoyed the film but I doubt that this movie will be really big in rentals. It may become a cult classic. But It's really a niche market film that might not appeal to broader audiances.

Now did that sound constructive enough in a disagreement to not be called simple thread crapping?
Old 08-08-04, 09:56 AM

I would say so...

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
I enjoyed the film but I doubt that this movie will be really big in rentals. It may become a cult classic. But It's really a niche market film that might not appeal to broader audiances.

Now did that sound constructive enough in a disagreement to not be called simple thread crapping?

I would say so...you disagreed but laid out a good reason for your feelings. I actually agree with your statement, but over time that niche market will expand. When Fast Times was released I was 8 years old. At that time there were only "X" amount of people who were in to that movie. Over the years as more and more kids become teenagers the movie has picked thousands of more fans than previously and I think the same thing will happen with Napoleon Dynamite.

Last edited by SWR 1; 08-08-04 at 10:27 AM.
Old 08-08-04, 10:29 AM

My Mistake...

Originally posted by neatMCsammer
I'm just annoyed at the hard time everyone seems to be having with spelling the title correctly.
I know Napoleon Dynamite is spelled "eon" not "ean". I have a friend named Napolean and spells it "ean". My mistake, my apologies.
Old 08-08-04, 12:31 PM

Nah, it's cool. What's nuts is that you actually have a friend named Napolean. I can dig that.
Old 08-08-04, 12:36 PM

I think this film should be released as part of the Criterion collection.

Old 08-08-04, 01:16 PM

Yeah...

Originally posted by neatMCsammer
Nah, it's cool. What's nuts is that you actually have a friend named Napolean. I can dig that.
What's crazier is that his full name is Napolean Pigeon. Which in English sounds ridiculous but in French (He is from France) it is pronounced Pinyon. I still call him Pigeon like the bird because its so funny.
Old 08-08-04, 02:48 PM

Originally posted by Jackskeleton
Actually, almost everyone I know wants to see it, and they're not exactly into indie films.

Its been heavily advertised on MTV, so I would count on it doing huge sales/rentals on DVD.