Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

ABC HD reception question

DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Old 08-06-04, 10:59 PM
GRN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a question about the HD feed from ABC. I live in Long Island, NY and up until Monday was receieving the ABC HD feed at 70% strength (I have a DISH 811 receiver and and old-school antenna that's been on the roof since before I bought the house). On Monday I suddenly lost the signal annd have not been able to lock onto it since. Does anyone have any idea why this happened? I had an installer come over and check to see if re-aligning the antenna might solve the problem. It picked up some more channels, and the signal strength went up on all my channels, but still ABC does not come in. The installer told me that this is a common problem with ABC and that he knows about a bunch of people, both in my area and outside, who had the same problem, where ABC suddenly dropped and they have not been able to get it. Does anyone know anything about this? And is this a common problem with ABC? Before, the receiver was locking onto 7-1 and 7-2; now, it detects 45-1, but can't lock onto it. Any advice anyone has on this would be really helpful.
Old 08-07-04, 11:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Might want to try over at AVS forum

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forum...?s=&forumid=45