Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

DVD Talk review of 'Late Night with Conan O'Brien: The Best of Triumph the Insult Comic Dog'

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

DVD Talk review of 'Late Night with Conan O'Brien: The Best of Triumph the Insult Comic Dog'

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-04, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I read Randy Miller III's DVD review of Late Night with Conan O'Brien: The Best of Triumph the Insult Comic Dog at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=11810 and...

2 questions, are the skits uncut with out bleeping?
and knowing how much trouble they got in for some of the skits, i'm surprised some of these are there. (for the qubec skit, the canadian government complained about it)
the other question is, are the original conan introductions included as well?

Last edited by Rypro 525; 08-05-04 at 09:51 AM.
Old 08-05-04, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 615 Likes on 494 Posts
I can't wait to pick this up.
Old 08-05-04, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The original Conan intros are there, but the skits are still "censored" (I'll add this info to the review as well). I was sort of hoping to see these uncut, but it's not too big a loss...sometimes, bleeping is much funnier.

By the way, I'm finishing up the Conan 10th Anniversary Special DVD later this night, so keep an eye out for it. It's not packed with extras, but it's still a nice release.
Old 08-06-04, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
got one question about the bleeping, did they bleep the mtv award footage as well?
Old 08-07-04, 12:03 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yep, it's all bleeped (I assume you mean the confrontration with Eminem from 2002). On a related note, the 2001 VMA footage included in the Bonus Features (with the J-Lo butt-sniffing incident) wasn't really presented as actual footage, but more of an "artist's rendering" (i.e. animated drawings). I never caught the original broadcast, but did it appear that way on TV?
Old 08-20-04, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Randy Miller III
On a related note, the 2001 VMA footage included in the Bonus Features (with the J-Lo butt-sniffing incident) wasn't really presented as actual footage, but more of an "artist's rendering" (i.e. animated drawings). I never caught the original broadcast, but did it appear that way on TV?
No, it didn't. I got the impression that they were not cleared to use the actual footage on the DVD release. That's disappointing. It would have been the ultimate topper. That said, I was still doubled over during the post-awards press conference.

But for the first time that I can remember, I found the bonus materials to be just as worthwhile as the featured compilation. And that's a good thing. This is a great release. And Smigel is a genius.
Old 08-21-04, 03:50 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another thing that was removed on the DVD was the Star Wars music during the Episode II skit. I figure there was no way they could obtain the rights for that.