Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Wong Kar-Wai's 2046 trailer

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-04, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Saw this in Monkeypeaches website. Trailer is actually Japanese and it seems to have been taken from a Takuya Kimura Fansite since his picture appears for a couple of seconds.

People may call WKW's films as pretentious but I am so looking forward to this movie!!! It reminded me of the coldness of Bladerunner and the coolness of In the Mood for Love. Plus it stars Tony Leung, Gong Li, Zhang Zi-yi, Maggie Cheung and of course TakiMura.

http://www.lossless.us/movies/2046/2...ailer-jp-1.wmv
Old 08-04-04, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Location: A secret rebel stronghold in the Republic of San Marcos
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
I'm just bummed that Maggie's role is limited to a "Special Appearance."

Definitely looks interesting, though.
Old 08-04-04, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,196 Likes on 1,501 Posts
Wow, I want to see this film even more now. It looks great. (just wish I could understand the Japanese narration better!)

Originally posted by Fielding Mellish
I'm just bummed that Maggie's role is limited to a "Special Appearance."

Yeah, but she did basically have a cameo appearance in Wong's ASHES OF TIME too, but it was still very memorable. But yes, as a big Maggie fan, I would have liked to see a larger role for her too.
Old 08-05-04, 12:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks so much!

Can't wait to see what MiramAXE does to it.
Old 08-05-04, 09:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts
It's a sign of the apocalypse when a member of SMAP is in a Wong Kar Wai movie.
Old 08-05-04, 09:42 AM

supposedly WKW is doing some reshoots on the film and maggie cheung's role will go from a cameo to about a 15 minute role. she gets more and more beautiful everytime i see her.
Old 08-05-04, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just read that there will be two versions of 2046.

The print screened at Cannes was more of a rush job (pretty good considering it still won acclaim).

The version to be shown in Mainland (and maybe HK) is to be less sexually explicit than the Japanese version. The difference is close to 30 mins.

I can already see the different versions of dvd coming out with all the confusion around it (theatrical cut, Mainland China cut, director's cut, Japanese cut etc etc.)
Old 08-05-04, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,196 Likes on 1,501 Posts
It's a sign of the apocalypse when a member of SMAP is in a Wong Kar Wai movie.
Yeah, really. On the other hand, my wife wants to see the film even more now, being a fan of the band.

The version to be shown in Mainland (and maybe HK) is to be less sexually explicit than the Japanese version. The difference is close to 30 mins.

I can already see the different versions of dvd coming out with all the confusion around it (theatrical cut, Mainland China cut, director's cut, Japanese cut etc etc.)
Interesting. Yeah, this should cause a bunch of confusion when the DVD release rolls around. (hopefully we get the same cut as Japan, because it's possible that the Japanese DVD might be sans English subs).
Old 12-14-11, 04:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 78 Likes on 63 Posts
Re: Wong Kar-Wai's 2046 trailer

Got this movie a while back on DVD. I was a little disappointed it wasn't an actual sci-fi film and thought it was so-so on first watch. But watching it a few more times, I think it's a great film!

I thought the way they shot it was interesting too. No real good shots of their surroundings, everythings tight to give a feeling of claustrophobia.

Supposedly this is loosely connected to a couple other films, DAYS OF BEING WILD, and IN THE MOOD FOR LOVE.
Old 12-14-11, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: Wong Kar-Wai's 2046 trailer

Originally Posted by brayzie
Got this movie a while back on DVD. I was a little disappointed it wasn't an actual sci-fi film and thought it was so-so on first watch. But watching it a few more times, I think it's a great film!

I thought the way they shot it was interesting too. No real good shots of their surroundings, everythings tight to give a feeling of claustrophobia.

Supposedly this is loosely connected to a couple other films, DAYS OF BEING WILD, and IN THE MOOD FOR LOVE.
A favorite of mine, and bought the awesome soundtrack (HK edition with poster) which I've listened to countless times