Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Warped Tour - Charlotte 8/2/04 - REACTION

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 08-03-04, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey, just got back from Charlotte today. Went down to see my first ever Warped Tour. Gotta say, it was alot of fun. Of course, it was extremely hot, and the prices were naturally extremely high. Here's the good and bad from my point of view:

GOOD

I got to see about 20 bands. The standouts were Lennon (great set), Chronic Future, Faith Called Chaos, Underoath, Billy Talent, Yellowcard, and Bleed the Dream (I can't believe these guys aren't signed!). It was a great 8 hours or so of live music. I will probably go back again next year.

BAD

Well, too many posers there. Simple Plan was a no-show. They were scheduled for this event. Wasn't impressed with New Found Glory. I didn't pay money to see the singer hold the mich so the posers in the crowd sing the chorus. I hate that.

Also, there was basically no security there. So the poser punks were constantly tossing stuff everywhere.

In all, still a blast. I just wished I could've seen more bands. I caught a bit of Sugarcult, but missed most of their set because I wanted to see Underoath very bad. Hopefully some of these bands will be back next year.

Anyone else go?
Old 08-03-04, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Didn't go this year. The line-up wasn't as good as it's been in previous years.