DVD Talk
What movie? (guy on motorcycle time travels)...out around 1985 [Archive] - DVD Talk Forum

Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : What movie? (guy on motorcycle time travels)...out around 1985

OldBoy
08-02-04, 02:25 PM
So basically, it was this guy on a motorcycle and I think he had this sophisticated helmet that can tell distance and all that. He time travels by accident I think from the future to the not so distant past. And I think near the end had something to do with a gun and maybe a helicopter coming back to that time from the future and clipping the baddie. The motorcycle man also had a love interest.

I was almost certain the movie title had "Time" in it. I wanted to say "TimeRunner" but it is definitely not the one with Mark Hamill.
I almost think Fred Ward was the motorcycle man, but I don't really know.

I am pretty sure it was early to mid 80's.
Anyone know what I am talking about and can give me the title?
Thanks in advance.

OldBoy
08-02-04, 02:29 PM
Just got it..."TimeRider" and it was with Fred Ward. Go me!
Now if I could only find this somewhere to see, I would love to.
"Timerider: The Adventure of Lyle Swann" (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0086443/)

Anyone remember this jewel from 1982...man that was some good squishy!

Geofferson
08-02-04, 02:29 PM
The Fred Ward classic...

http://www.movieactors.com/photos-sf/timerider.jpeg

Geofferson
08-02-04, 02:30 PM
It's available on DVD.

Numanoid
08-02-04, 02:41 PM
Produced by Michael Nesmith (of the Monkees).

OldBoy
08-02-04, 02:45 PM
someone on IMDb said this DVD was edited and did not include the original ending that he and I know ofhelicopter chops baddie and bloody boots are left standing on mountain
anyone know if this is true? if so...why would they do that??

harosa
08-02-04, 03:17 PM
Yep, I got this when it came out and as I watched the ending I was left scratching my head wondering if I missed something. It is edited, which sucks because I loved the movie.

OldBoy
08-02-04, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by harosa
Yep, I got this when it came out and as I watched the ending I was left scratching my head wondering if I missed something. It is edited, which sucks because I loved the movie.

so does it take away from it all as a whole? and is the ending that much different now? is it still worth the purchase?

Meatpants
08-02-04, 04:31 PM
Even though it has nothing to do with time travel. this thread reminded me of Street Hawk, the TV show (basically Knight Rider with a motorcylce that didn't talk).

harosa
08-02-04, 05:56 PM
SPOILER-

I say get it cheap because the whole movie is left intact so the jokes are still there, but the editing robs you of seeing the villain getting it.

OldBoy
08-02-04, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by harosa
SPOILER-
I say get it cheap because the whole movie is left intact so the jokes are still there, but the editing robs you of seeing the villain getting it.

why, why, why would they do this?

anyone know if the VHS version is edited as well?