Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Growing Up Gotti -Series Premiere

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-04, 07:51 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 209 Likes on 161 Posts
Growing Up Gotti -Series Premiere

In case anyone watches it. I'm just posting this to remind myself to watch later. It's at 9:30 PM Eastern on A&E and apparently does more to confirm the mafia family myth than disprove it.
Old 08-02-04, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm okay with watching the sopranos and documentaries on the mafia, but this just seems to glorify a family who has murdered and terrorized people their entire lives.

I just can't watch that, it's too creepy
Old 08-02-04, 12:48 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Same here. Bottom line is that these people are CRIMINALS. Not actors, but real crooks who have profitted from the pain of others. I couldn't watch it without feeling guilty.

D
(by the way, if anyone reads this, I am a drifter who broke into Derrich's account and I'm posting as him. I'm sure that he (Derrich) does not agree with any of my statements nor does he believe that the Gotti family is guilty of any wrong doing at anytime.)
Old 08-02-04, 02:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
But isn't this about his wife and kids? I certainly wouldn't call his wife innocent, but there is a possibilty that she is not guilty or involved with murdering people. As for the kids, they were kids, no?
Old 08-02-04, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Verbal Gorilla
But isn't this about his wife and kids? I certainly wouldn't call his wife innocent, but there is a possibilty that she is not guilty or involved with murdering people. As for the kids, they were kids, no?
Its about his daughter.. and if she didn't know he was involved in the mafia she is probably the dumbest person alive.

I can't support the show. What's next, Cooking with Dahmer?
Old 08-02-04, 02:53 PM

actually, i thought it was about his sister's (who is an author) family.
Old 08-02-04, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Eff the Gottis.
I've always been very happy that John Gotti spent the last decade of his worthless life rotting in jail, dying a slow and hopefully painful death. If I knew where he was buried, I would be proud to have a piss in his memory.
Old 08-02-04, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It was pretty entertaining. Hopefully the show lasts long enough so we can see Uncle Pete go ballistic and beat the dogshit out of those disrespectful punks ass kids. Mama Gotti looks like she must have been smokin about 10-15 years ago.
Old 08-03-04, 10:24 AM

Did anyone else notice her bad face lift scars? They are on her hair line right near her sideburns. Everytime she has her hair pulled back even a bit you can see them.

It was sick to see the "touching moment" when she was upset because her brother Frank had been killed when he was a kid in a car accident and how she was so upset...at no time did they mention that the guy who accidently hit the kid was killed for revenge.

I like watching it just to see all the pain they have to put up with and how stupid her little angels are. Its like watching karma live on tv.
Old 08-03-04, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 46 Likes on 28 Posts
I agree about the touching moment. I told my wife the same thing after she talked about loosing her brother. I think I am done with the show. She was such a bitch on the blind date. The guy called her out and she did not like it.
Old 08-03-04, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

"who used my hair gel?!?"
Old 08-03-04, 06:05 PM

Originally posted by Applejack
Its about his daughter.. and if she didn't know he was involved in the mafia she is probably the dumbest person alive.

I can't support the show. What's next, Cooking with Dahmer?
So, what could she have done?
Old 08-04-04, 01:04 PM

Looks like a horrible show and damn if the Gotti daughter isnt ugly.
Old 08-06-04, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I have absolutely no interest in this family and hope the ratings reflect poorly on the whole idea.

I agree with the others who enjoy watching Sopranos, etc but not wanting to contribute to glorifying these creeps when it comes to real life.
Old 08-07-04, 11:50 PM

Originally posted by nazz
I have absolutely no interest in this family and hope the ratings reflect poorly on the whole idea.

I agree with the others who enjoy watching Sopranos, etc but not wanting to contribute to glorifying these creeps when it comes to real life.
I second that motion. In fact nazz I say you take this show on a picnic in the woods.