Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Project Revolution Concert Question

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 08-01-04, 07:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, on the 11th I'm going to see "project revolution" in Virginia Beach. The bands that're gonna be there are Linkin Park, Korn, Snoop Dog, The Used, and Less than Jake. I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this yet and in what order the bands play.

I'm also wondering how long each band plays.

The concert starts at 2:30 or so, and I really don't want to take off a bunch of time at work for a band I have no desire to see.

TIA
Old 08-01-04, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i'd guess, linkin park and korn would wait till its dark (around 8 pm), and since there aren't too many bands, i'd guess around 45 minutes to an hour each. with about a 15 to a half an hour for breaks, and all should be over by 11 pm. and i'd guess that the order is
less then jake
used
snoop
korn
linkin park

I think there is a second stage as well.
Old 08-02-04, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Rypro's right. I couldn't take time off so me and my brother got there about 6:00, which was at the beginning of Snoop's set.

The venue I was at didn't have a second stage though.
Old 08-03-04, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by iggystar
Rypro's right. I couldn't take time off so me and my brother got there about 6:00, which was at the beginning of Snoop's set.

The venue I was at didn't have a second stage though.
You mean the concert for you started at 2:30, but it took 3.5hrs to Snoop Dogg to finally come on stage?

What time did the concert actually stop?
Old 08-03-04, 05:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

there might be other bands there also, and since the last 3 bands are big mainstreme bands, it probably takes longer to set up.
Old 08-03-04, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Less Than Jake is the band to see on this tour! I've seen them at least 8 times and they never disappoint. Although, they are incredibly out of place on that bill. I thought about going, but decided against it due to the incredibly high ticket prices (by my standards, anyway).
Old 08-04-04, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There are some other lesser known bands that are there as well but Im not too sure as far as what time the first act begins.
Old 08-11-04, 11:50 AM
Retired

I just caught this yesterday.

The lesser known bands were on a second stage. There was some rap group playing when got there at 2:30, then Downset and No Warning, who both sucked, then another crappy rap group. By then it was 4 and the lawn and seats were open so we headed over ot the main stage.

Less than Jake started around 4:30-4:45. They were ok, not really my cup of tea.

They played for about a half hour, then The Used came out and played for around 45 minutes.

Korn came out around 7:45 or so and played for an hour and 15 minutes, they kicked major ass.

Linkin Park came out and played from 9:30 to almost 11 and were very good as well. Probably the best encore I've seen with Crawling, Wish (NIN), and One Step Closer.
Old 08-12-04, 07:43 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

"Funeral for a Friend" are on this tour. I'd guess that they are probably playing the second stage. I've never seen them live, but thier CD's are great. Check them out.
Old 08-12-04, 08:08 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Josh Hinkle

Korn came out around 7:45 or so and played for an hour and 15 minutes, they kicked major ass.

Korn was off the hook. They earned a new fan with that set.
Old 08-12-04, 08:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

josh, is nissan as bad as everyone says it is?
Old 08-13-04, 10:46 AM
Retired

Nissan is a great pavillion, the best of the few I've been to, it can just be a bitch to get in and out of due to Northern Virginia traffic.

Thankfully I had little problems. It took a while to get in after getting off at it's exit as there is a railroad crossing right after you turn on to the road the pavillion is on and there was a super long train that had traffic backed way up.

I lucked out leaving, as I was parked right next to the road out of the parking lot and was on I-66 in under 10 minutes. We did get stuck on the beltway though, as they were paving and had it down to 1 lande around the Rockville/old g-town rd exit.
Old 08-14-04, 11:52 PM

Originally posted by Josh Hinkle
Probably the best encore I've seen with Crawling, Wish (NIN), and One Step Closer.
Not as good as the one I saw with Jay-Z!