Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

Bob Hope and Bing Crosby which one to buy?

DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Old 07-31-04, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Regardless of price.

Which one is the one to buy.

On the Road With Bob Hope and Bing Crosby Collection (Road to Singapore/Road to Zanzibar/Road to Morocco/Road to Utopia) (1941)

or

Bob Hope Tribute Collection - The Road Show Series (The Road to Morocco / The Road to Singapore / The Road to Utopia / The Road to Zanzibar)

Please advise. Thanks!
Old 08-02-04, 04:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
According to postings on various websites, the transfers are supposedly the same...I'm not sure about the extras.

You should be aware, however, that many members have had quality-control problems with the similar Monster Legacy and The Best of Abbott & Costello... sets (scratched discs, bad pressings, etc...), so if price and shelf space are not issues for you, then you'll be safer picking up the old Tribute Collection. [As price and space ARE issues for me, I'd buy the new disc...if I didn't already own the old editions...and exchange it as need be if I got a bad DVD(s).]

If you're a Wal-Mart shopper, check the $5.50 bin for Brentwood's 2-pak of Road to Rio/Road to Bali; the transfers aren't as good as the Universal pressings, but it's as good as these public domain titles are likely to see.