Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Faulty Xbox settings for live???

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-04, 07:44 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Faulty Xbox settings for live???

Hi, a couple of weeks ago I picked up an Xbox and tried to connect to play online, it was a no go. After talking with CS a couple of times they said that there was nothing wrong with my Xbox but instead it was their server. Something about them changing a setting before it left the factory but after they got all the needed information off of it. Anyway they told me that I would have to send in my Xbox (on their dime) so they could get whatever info off of it they needed so it could sync with their server. Has anyone ever heard of this before? I'm thinking that I should just take it back to Walmart and exchange it for another one.

Thanks,
Z
Old 07-30-04, 08:52 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WOW you got it at wal-mart the anti OAR store. I'm not sure if I should even help ya. I'm kidding wal-mart can try and kill OAR all they want I don't care. Yeah just go to a differert wal-mart and return your system if you want but try this first. Did you put in your IP address or anything in the live setting? I had it set so my xbox would find all the setting itself. However for some reason that stopped working so I had to put all the info in myself.

Try that first before you return it. If you need help to find all the info you need lit me know you will use your PC to find your IP address and gateway numbers.

PS. If you running windows on your pc let me know what version you running.