Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

New live Slayer DVD September 28?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-04, 02:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New live Slayer DVD September 28?

No official word, but an interview with Tom Araya of Slayer in the Tucson Citizen (July 29 2004) has the following cool news...

"Reign in Blood" is under 29 minutes long. And if you're only going to own one Slayer record, it's the one to have.
So fans in Augusta, Maine, were undoubtedly out of their minds July 11 when Slayer played the 1986 album from start to finish. The band, however, was focused on just the final minute of "Raining Blood," the closing song on the 10-track record.

"It's kind of like little kids waiting for a new toy. 'Here it comes. Here it comes,' " singer Tom Araya says, laughing. "The effect we were trying to achieve only happens at the end of the album, the last minute ... . And when it happened, it was great."

Araya, who had called just before a sound check for Ozzfest in East Peoria, Ill., was a bit cagey about the specifics of the special effect that made him so giddy, but he would offer a clue. "The album title gives it away. It looked really, really cool."

For all those Slayer fans unable to make it to Agusta to witness the original lineup of the band - drummer Dave Lombardo rejoined in 2003 - performing its influential speed metal treatise, fear not: The show was filmed, and it will be in the "Reign in Blood: Still Reigning" DVD, set to be released Sept. 28. Slayer performed the album start to finish on last year's Jagermeister tour, Araya says, which inspired the band to record it for a DVD.
Wicked cool.

Last edited by Damage; 07-29-04 at 02:53 PM.
Old 07-29-04, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
After all the delays with the last DVD, I won't believe it until I have it in my hands.
Old 07-29-04, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

^ True dat'... But, the wait was worth it IMHO when I popped that bad boy in the player and found out it was anamorphic widescreen.

This sounds cool, but ya gotta wonder what else will be on the DVD?
Old 07-29-04, 03:46 PM

Good god that's awesome! I saw them on the original Reign In Blood tour as well as the South Of Heaven tour. Never would have thought that we'd get a DVD like this ever!
Old 07-29-04, 04:24 PM
Banned

I can't friggin' wait! I saw them open for WASP (!!?!) on the reign tour, and I've got a coupla bootleg vids from that tour. This will be the music DVD that melts every DVD on the shelf next to it.
Old 07-29-04, 05:43 PM

Originally posted by zombiezilla
I can't friggin' wait! I saw them open for WASP (!!?!) on the reign tour, and I've got a coupla bootleg vids from that tour. This will be the music DVD that melts every DVD on the shelf next to it.
I caught them on this tour in Toronto and they blew W.A.S.P. off the stage. Major mismatch billing there.

No disrespect to Paul Bostaph, who's a great drummer, but Dave Lombardo is the man. Having the original Slayer lineup doing the entire Reign in Blood album live just blows my mind. This is going to be something special.

War at the Warfield is one of the best concert DVDs I've seen. If they can maintain the quality that went into that effort, we're going to have another killer DVD. Bring it on!

Slayer! Slayer! Slayer!
Old 07-29-04, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2,205 Likes on 1,508 Posts
I saw a thread about this release in the music forum. This DVD should hopefully happen.

War at the Warfield is one of the best concert DVDs I've seen. If they can maintain the quality that went into that effort, we're going to have another killer DVD.
I agree, it was a great DVD. This one will hopefully be even better, with a great set list, and Dave Lombardo.
Old 07-29-04, 08:40 PM

Someone should email this link to them!
Old 07-29-04, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Great news! I loved the Warfield DVD, and this one will be even better.
Old 07-30-04, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'd rather see a dvd of the tour rather than them now
Old 07-30-04, 12:54 AM

Originally posted by demonio
Me too, but I'm sure the sound quality of anything recorded back then would pale in comparison to doing it now. At least they did it with all the original members. It would be nice to get a good snapshot of the original tour I saw them on though! I'm sure there is footage of it somewhere.
Old 07-30-04, 08:06 AM

Originally posted by demonio
Though it would be cool to see concert footage from `86, Slayer is as tight as ever. A good example is my favourite moment on War at the Warfield, from "Post Mortem" to "Raining Blood" to "Hell Awaits," it doesn't get more fierce.

The rage and intensity is still there... Just less hair and more tattoos, is all.

Last edited by Damage; 07-30-04 at 08:15 AM.
Old 07-30-04, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS DVD!!!!

I will be suprised if it isn't delayed any....

This is my all time favorite album & band.

Here's a link to the original thread with additional DVD info.

http://www.dvdtalk.com/forum/showthr...hreadid=373734