Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Anyone know how to fix a saturn?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-04, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone know how to fix a saturn?

I traded for a Sega Saturn from a fellow on another forum and he mentionned it was working when he tried it. I received it today but when I power it on, the cd does not spin. All that happens is that a red light near the reset buttons blinks on and off constantly. I did the system reset thing, but there is still no sign of life from the console and it does not post, although the green power light comes on.

Anyone have a clue how to fix that?
Old 07-26-04, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

You traded for what you thought was a working Saturn? And it doesn't run? I'd be more concerned with getting my half of the trade back.
Old 07-26-04, 04:48 PM

My half of the trade was a beat up series 1 import Ps2. It basically only played import games so I did not have much use for it (as I have a version 9 modded ps2 as well).

I might try to cash in on insurance if he insured it, but I dont know if they would believe me since it cosmetically looks fine, it just don't work.
Old 07-26-04, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Feneant
I might try to cash in on insurance if he insured it, but I dont know if they would believe me since it cosmetically looks fine, it just don't work.
Was the packaging damaged at all? If not, it might be difficult claiming the insurance. Depends on if you used UPS/FedEX/USPS though...

If there's no obvious external damage, something still could have been rattled loose inside...

Does it have a mod-chip? I've heard that the power cables can come loose on them, causing the CD to stop spinning - although I'm far from expert on these kinds of things. If you're not concerned about trading it back, there's probably no harm in opening it up and making sure everything is seated securely.

JUST DON'T SUE ME WHEN IT BLOWS UP IN YOUR FACE!!!
Old 07-26-04, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Is an import PS2 worth a Sega Saturn?
Old 07-26-04, 05:18 PM

a model 1 ps2, probably, I didnt really care, it saved me from spending 40-50$ on it (thats Ebay pricing)