Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

The Butterfly Effect: where are the subtitles?

Community
Search

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-04, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The back of the DVD case says "English Subtitles" and "Spanish Subtitles"

My DVD remote won't allow me to switch subtitle options during playback. None of the screen or audio "setup" windows mention subtitles? The Infinifilm track does have subtitle options, but they're only for Infinifilm pop-up/info track features.
Old 07-25-04, 10:30 PM

Yes, I have the same error.

Someone have subtitles in the DVD?
Old 07-25-04, 10:45 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
On the computer (w/ PowerDVD) there's no indication of subtitles but CC is there (done pretty sloppily too since it doesn't always clear the screen before the new caption comes up).
Old 07-26-04, 01:26 AM

The Butterfly Effect is an InfiniFilm, right ? If I recall correctly, Newline´s InfiniFilm doesn´t have subs other that CC. They (for some reason) only have their "fact-track" as a substitute for the subtitles...
Old 07-26-04, 01:34 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LOOKS LIKE YOU GUYS GOT PUNK'D!!!!111

sorry, I couldn't help it.
Old 07-26-04, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I couldn't find any subs either, and it was a huge pissoff.
Old 07-26-04, 01:29 PM
Banned

Doesn't come with any.
Old 07-26-04, 02:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yeah I couldn't find the english subtitles too. I thought there was something wrong with my player. Thank God it isn't.
Old 07-27-04, 05:47 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

This was actually pretty frustrating. I thought the subtitles would have been helpful in many of the fast-action sections.
Old 07-27-04, 07:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just deleted my other thread with exactly the same question ... sorry .. this thread did not come up when I did a search ...

the CC on the computer are indeed crap .. they are convientely over people's faces and my computer does not give me 5.1 sound ... and i checked my DVD player's manual .. and my TV ... but nothing there ..

i recall i had the same issue with Austin powers 3 ... another infinicrap release ... yes . they have nice extras ... but they make them really hard to find (or even impossible) ..

and english subtitle track is minimum .. and technically it is already there ... grrrr

In case of Butterfly Effect .. that opening scene when he hides under the desk, writes stuff and mumbles .. can anyone actually understand what he is saying ???
One great thing about DVDs ... SUBTITLES ... infinifilms takes us one step back !!!
Old 07-27-04, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by caipirina
I just deleted my other thread with exactly the same question ... sorry .. this thread did not come up when I did a search ...

the CC on the computer are indeed crap .. they are convientely over people's faces and my computer does not give me 5.1 sound ... and i checked my DVD player's manual .. and my TV ... but nothing there ..

i recall i had the same issue with Austin powers 3 ... another infinicrap release ... yes . they have nice extras ... but they make them really hard to find (or even impossible) ..

and english subtitle track is minimum .. and technically it is already there ... grrrr

In case of Butterfly Effect .. that opening scene when he hides under the desk, writes stuff and mumbles .. can anyone actually understand what he is saying ???
One great thing about DVDs ... SUBTITLES ... infinifilms takes us one step back !!!
If I recall, when he's speaking to himself while writing in the beginning it's crystal clear to hear exactly what he's saying.
Old 07-27-04, 05:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by CKMorpheus
If I recall, when he's speaking to himself while writing in the beginning it's crystal clear to hear exactly what he's saying.
the guy is being chased .. he breaks into an office, pushes a mega couch at the door, hides under the desk and is out of breath .. he also expects to die ... he is talking ANYTHING but crystal clear

most of the stuff I just got from looking at his bad handwriting ..

But here another question ...

what time should one jump in in the theatrical version to see the other ending ??? I read already on IMDB how it is different ...

Last edited by caipirina; 07-27-04 at 05:53 PM.
Old 07-27-04, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by caipirina
the guy is being chased .. he breaks into an office, pushes a mega couch at the door, hides under the desk and is out of breath .. he also expects to die ... he is talking ANYTHING but crystal clear

most of the stuff I just got from looking at his bad handwriting ..

But here another question ...

what time should one jump in in the theatrical version to see the other ending ??? I read already on IMDB how it is different ...
I don't know what time exactly, but the difference starts right when he's under the desk and starts the projector.