Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Archives > Archives > DVD Talk Archive
Reload this Page >

Who has the fastest shipping on pre-orders?

Community
Search

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-04, 12:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Who has the fastest shipping on pre-orders? I'm looking for someone that will ship on Tuesday at the latest. And I would like to recieve them no later than Friday. So, I can watch them for the weekend. I am so sick of getting them a week late.
Old 07-25-04, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DDD usually ships my pre-orders a week early. They used to take a week to get here, so I'd get them on the release date, but the last couple have taken two weeks instead. But those were single discs; my recent shipment of Soap: Season 2, which they shipped in a larger box, got here in one week, right on the release date.

Rob
Old 07-25-04, 12:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Amazon in my book. They usually ship on Mon and I have it Wed. I have NEVER gotten a pre-order from DDD less than two weeks after release date.
Old 07-25-04, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

DVDEmpire ships out preorders on Fridays and regular orders the same day. I drop a couple of extra bucks on Priority shipping and they're always in my mailbox on the Monday before release. None of this "order being processed" crap.
Old 07-25-04, 01:24 PM
Mok
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I second DVDEmpire always get my stuff on Monday.
Old 07-25-04, 01:25 PM

ok

its dependant not on who you buy from but the people publishing / distributing the dvd. some films get pressed early (usually major releases) and are available to be distributed early cos its a bigger matter getting a large release coordinated. with smaller releases sometime things make it to distributors early and sometime things get delayed cos there so few people working on the project. so really, as far as i am concerned, where ever you go you could find it difficult to make things as consistant as you would like. some may think they always have sucess with their supplier but really they have to consider what they are ordering when they take into account wether it will always work that way for others.

personally, i order mostly non-mainstream stuff and usually have stuff shipped a week or so before release date or exactly on release date. the time it then takes to reach me in the UK depends on the volume in post that week : usually 3 to 5 days, sometimes 1 or 2 days more. i use dvdpacific.com : very good prices and service, preorders often up even before i find out about a titles release...
Old 07-25-04, 01:28 PM

Originally posted by matome
DVDEmpire ships out preorders on Fridays and regular orders the same day. I drop a couple of extra bucks on Priority shipping and they're always in my mailbox on the Monday before release. None of this "order being processed" crap.
Is the priority shipping a per dvd price, or is it a flat rate?
Old 07-25-04, 04:02 PM

The Free Shipping on $25+ on Amazon arrives pretty quickly. 2-3 days. It ships on the day of the release...
Very Good!
Old 07-25-04, 04:27 PM
Mok
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by mjduda
Is the priority shipping a per dvd price, or is it a flat rate?
it's a flat rate, unless you want them to ship the dvds as they get them which will cost you per dvd.
Old 07-25-04, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts
Another nod for DVDEmpire. Generally I spend at least $50 so I use the $5 off coupon to offset the Priority Mail cost. Always have my releases the day prior to release.

Although on the titles I really can't wait for, I usually get them at a local shop that has stuff out the previous Thursday and Friday. I pay about 75-80% of list there, but sometimes it's the same as the big biys, and sometimes better.
Old 07-25-04, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Depending on which warehouse Amazon ships from, I sometimes can get them on release day. The closest one is about 30 miles from my house.
Old 07-25-04, 07:19 PM

I use free shipping with Amazon and my pre-orders have always shipped out before release day. They arrive in less than 5 days, and at times exactly on Tuesday. I would have to agree that it depends on a lot of factors though. What you ordered, the publisher, what shipping speed, your location, etc. Whatever works best.
Old 07-25-04, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

DVDEmpire and DigitalEyes. I always pay for shipping, and both of these tend to ship before the release date so it arrives in good time. Occasionally, digitaleyes has beat the release date, which is always welcome around here.
Old 07-26-04, 09:03 AM
Political Exile

that place that discounts deeply almost always delivers my preorders the thursday before the release date
Old 07-26-04, 09:04 AM

i also have had good luck with dvdempire
Old 07-26-04, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

< Another satisfied DVDEmpire customer... Depends on where you live I suppose, but usually I get my pre-orders on the Monday of release week.
Old 07-26-04, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

DVD Empire all the way. They always ship in time for the order to arrive the Monday before release. I have never seen Amazon ship earlier than the actual release day, meaning I get the discs three days late.

Buy.com used to be good about getting discs to me even earlier, but it's been awhile since I've ordered a DVD from them, so I don't know if that's true anymore or not.