Search

dvd printing/packaging/duplication/replication

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-04, 01:25 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dvd printing/packaging/duplication/replication

need advice from people who've been burning for a while

i'm a composer and just finished putting together my dvd reel but need to work on printing and packaging. i looked into replication and dont mind the expense (~$1000 for 1000), but it would be a waste, considering by the time i get 1000 dvds out there, i'll have wanted to change and replace things many many times over.

are the at-home inket printers (epson r800, r300, r200, others?) good enough to pass for nearly pro quality, which one do you recommend, and do you have to specifically get the printable media or can you turn non-printable media into printable by adding a label to the top? i got a bunch of ritek and would prefer to use those. if i can't, what printable media do you suggest, only the memorex are reviewed on amazon and got really low ratings.

also what is the cheapest, most efficient, non-cheapo packaging out there. something unique & eyecatching preferred but will settle for amaray. please help, kind of an urgent matter.
Old 07-25-04, 02:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

As far as packaging goes I would suggest a colored Amaray since it would be secure, standard-sized (the reiever might be more inclined to put on his dvd rack, whereas with a CD case he wouldn't be), and the alternate color would make it eye-catching.
Old 07-25-04, 03:01 AM
duz
DVD Talk Special Edition

Don't use labels, print directly on the disc, it'll look proffesional.
Old 07-25-04, 12:04 PM

I had the Epson R800, and I hated it.
Old 07-25-04, 02:39 PM
Banned

can people please be a little more specific,

if i apply a label to non-printable media, it won't look as good as a direct print? if that's the case, what printable media do you recommend and what printer do you recommend

why did you hate the r800
Old 07-25-04, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

For the packaging I would purchase the cases in bulk, then take my layout of the cover to Kinko’s for printing. For the media you can purchase the DVD’s in bulk that have a printable side, and you can purchase the special printers for it also. Do a search on google and you’ll find many suppliers like this one: http://www.microboards.com/

Or, you could just send off everything to an all in one service like these guys: http://www.disctronics.co.uk/technol.../rep_print.htm

Last edited by Tazwolff; 07-25-04 at 05:13 PM.