Community
Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Stupid vice city question

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-04, 09:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stupid vice city question

I know its late and I probably shouldn't even have to ask this question, but where do you bring the stolen cars in vice city? I've been playing a few days and can't find the garage.

Thanks
Old 07-22-04, 10:13 AM

Been a while since I played Vice City, but I know one of the locations is the auto dealership that is on the western island. It's just north of the airport. The auto dealership has one garage for stolen cars, and another right next to it that you can go into and activate races. Another garage can be used to save your cars.

I can't recall if that's the *only* place you bring stolen cars, but I think it might be. Give it a shot.
Old 07-22-04, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm pretty sure it is the only place. After you complete the lists, you'll unlock four different special cars, and then the dealership will become an asset which will produce money for you. 9000 maximum I believe.
Old 07-22-04, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: under the stars with a great view of the mountains and a the lovely aroma of cow shit.
HOW do you kill sonny??? I am frigging stuck and I am sick of getting killed.
Old 07-22-04, 03:07 PM

damn_skippy,

There's at least two different areas for armor and health: in the room on your immediate right as you enter the mansion and all the way down at the bottom on the staircase. Those help a great deal.

The strategy that worked for me was, as the scene finds you standing atop the staircase, running up to the right staircase, then right and up the stairs to the roof. You might get hit a few times running up the stairs, but it's not bad if you're at 100% health and armour. When you get to the roof, run to the left and up the slope so you're close to the helicopter and no one can hit you. Get health, then use some grenades to kill off the gunmen. I like to run all the way down those stairs then and get more health and armor. Then I climb back up and take the first (second?) doorway to the ground level of the mansion, shoot a bunch of people and run straight to the room w/ more health and armor. Then I like to walk up to the "main room" w/ Sonny and kill at least one or two gunmen while running back up the upper staircase I took to get up to the roof. Instead of running up to the roof, though, I run back down the stairs where the health and armor have magically reappeared. Then I keep retracing my steps until the room is unguarded. Make sense?
Old 07-22-04, 05:06 PM

Thanks for the replies. I do believe that the car shop is exactly what I was looking for. Can't really be an auto thief without a place to bring the autos can I.
Old 07-22-04, 06:05 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

EDIT: misread the question

birrman54
Old 07-22-04, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by damn_skippy
HOW do you kill sonny??? I am frigging stuck and I am sick of getting killed.
Jack a tank and park it in the mansion's front garage before you take the mission. When the time is right, go get it and drive up the mansion's front steps, firing repeatedly. Works every time
Old 07-22-04, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Ezra
Thanks for the replies. I do believe that the car shop is exactly what I was looking for. Can't really be an auto thief without a place to bring the autos can I.
Remember, you have to buy the car dealership from Lawrence Taylor before you take the cars there.
Old 07-22-04, 06:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: under the stars with a great view of the mountains and a the lovely aroma of cow shit.
Originally posted by NC-36
Jack a tank and park it in the mansion's front garage before you take the mission. When the time is right, go get it and drive up the mansion's front steps, firing repeatedly. Works every time

really

Old 07-22-04, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by pezboy
damn_skippy,

There's at least two different areas for armor and health: in the room on your immediate right as you enter the mansion and all the way down at the bottom on the staircase. Those help a great deal.

The strategy that worked for me was, as the scene finds you standing atop the staircase, running up to the right staircase, then right and up the stairs to the roof. You might get hit a few times running up the stairs, but it's not bad if you're at 100% health and armour. When you get to the roof, run to the left and up the slope so you're close to the helicopter and no one can hit you. Get health, then use some grenades to kill off the gunmen. I like to run all the way down those stairs then and get more health and armor. Then I climb back up and take the first (second?) doorway to the ground level of the mansion, shoot a bunch of people and run straight to the room w/ more health and armor. Then I like to walk up to the "main room" w/ Sonny and kill at least one or two gunmen while running back up the upper staircase I took to get up to the roof. Instead of running up to the roof, though, I run back down the stairs where the health and armor have magically reappeared. Then I keep retracing my steps until the room is unguarded. Make sense?
Is that the last mission? That's a toughie, I could never beat it without cheats.
Old 07-23-04, 09:03 AM

It's technically the last mission, but your can continue playing after the credits. I even noticed some melee icons I missed were still around after I "solved" it.