Search
Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Is there a "no" ranking gamertag list?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-04, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is there a "no" ranking gamertag list?

I see the one above and it's great and all but this is a different question. I've got all of the gear to go to xbox live but I haven't yet. I see a lot of talk of people playing and not having fun because either someone is really into their rankings and takes away from the fun of the game, or someone plays a few young kids that act so immature that it takes away from the fun.

I want to play xbox live but I just want to have fun. I could care less about rankings and such. I don't even care if someone wins everytime they play me as long as I have fun getting beat.

Would there be interest in a no ranking, casual gamertag list? Or at the very least a group to add on my buddy list that just want to play against someone without dealing with cliques, rankings, kids.

Maybe I'm the only one that thinks that way, I dunno.
Old 07-20-04, 09:22 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think newer games has it where you can pick to host no ranked games. I've read SC is very bad about this cause if you are not ranked high allot of host kick you on the spot. I mean maybe you're good but just don't play allot to have a high ranking.

I say add the dvdtalk folks I'm sure their pretty relaxed group of folks.

Also far as I know only two games show your rank next to your name and that is SC and CS. Is their more?

Last edited by TOPDAWG; 07-20-04 at 09:25 AM.
Old 07-20-04, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

See, SC and CS would be two of the games that I would want to play.
Old 07-20-04, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

you are not the only one, but honestly, it doesn't matter. if you don't care, don't care about it and just play the game. that's how i play on live.

same thing for glitchers... i don't nor do i care. occasionally, i'll run into someone who says, hey, you know you can glitch here... i'll show you how... blah blah blah. i just keep going.
Old 07-20-04, 09:33 AM
Banned

Originally posted by waporvare
See, SC and CS would be two of the games that I would want to play.
CS is fine nobody cares about ranking on it. You also don't get many retards. I have no idea what makes this game seem safer from morons. I've yet to hear someone saying I'm high or I'm drunk right now. Also SC does have unranked games. So just play them games. The most morons on live seem to be on MA. I'm so sick of hearing I'm high or drunk or I got to go my dealer is here. WTF how retarded can ya get!?

I also hate retarded wanna be gangster folks.

PS. When I say CS I mean Crimson Skies not Counter Strike. I rented and played Counter Strike for 20 mins that was enouth for me. Just in that short time players was almost all retards.

Last edited by TOPDAWG; 07-20-04 at 09:39 AM.
Old 07-20-04, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yep, I'm thinking Crimson Skies, which I really suck at but I have fun playing.
Old 07-20-04, 09:49 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Austin, Texas XboxLIVE Gamertag: Golucky Timezone: Central (CST)
Re: Is there a "no" ranking gamertag list?

Ranked or unranked doesn't make as much of a difference as long as you have a good time and play with good people. I personally don't care about stats, except maybe football. (Even then I like tornements more anyways.) I've found that Dvdtalkers are generally a more mature bunch to play with, and if you play one that that you don't like just take him/her off your friends list.

As a general rule I try to play people on my friends list.
Old 07-20-04, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Crimson Skies is littered with morans who are high and drunk, apparently I'm the only dvdtalker that gets them. All in all though I've been happy with the games I've played on it, even the drunk guys and the ones taking bong hits.

I try to stick to my friends list, but usually end up branching out to get some new challenges with hopes of expands my friends list.
Old 07-20-04, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

So when I activate this week I guess I could add you guys from here. Don't people usually need to know who they are adding as friends, or do you just pick people from the gamertag list and hope it all works out?
Old 07-20-04, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

A little of both for me.
Old 07-20-04, 10:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by goLUCKY
Nope.

Just play random games or with friends, and if you meet other cool people just send them a friend invite. simple.
Ok, this confuses me, what's the point of the gamertag list?
Old 07-20-04, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Perhaps he thought you were referring to a game's leaderboard.
Old 07-20-04, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by TOPDAWG
The most morons on live seem to be on MA.
The man speaks the truth.
Old 07-20-04, 12:29 PM

So when I activate this week I guess I could add you guys from here. Don't people usually need to know who they are adding as friends, or do you just pick people from the gamertag list and hope it all works out?
Add my self and Propoganda to your friends list. We both play a lot of SC and don't care about rank at all. We're more into just having fun and playing the game. We have more problems finding games decent games with people who don't quit. Or we end up with people that just want to play deathmatch. If I wanted to play deathmatch I'd go play Rainbow Six

Rank in SC is hard to track now that they reset all the scores. There are a lot of good players that come up as 0 ranks because if you get dropped or quit a ranked game you lose 100 points and that can take awhile to recover from.
Old 07-20-04, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Will Do!! I've had no experience with the multi SC yet but hopefully it'll be easy to pick up.
Old 07-20-04, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Feel free to add me as well, I always enjoy playing with folks from here.
Old 07-20-04, 12:45 PM
Video Game Talk Reviewer

I like the relaxed atomsphere of games I host. You can add me, I've got Crimson Skies as well.

One night I spent 6 hours hosting PGR2 with mostly the same 6 people and we had a blast. Some were ranked lower like me, 4. A couple were above 20. We just played all kinds of tracks and car types. Very fun and had a great time. Added them all to my list and I'm on theirs. Some were older, 30's and some were around 16.
Old 07-20-04, 01:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Yep, I'm thinking Crimson Skies, which I really suck at but I have fun playing.
Well be sure to add me to your list. I'm not too terribly good at Crimson Skies but absolutely adore playing it online. I even like getting beaten by people who are good at it - just to see them fly and feel like they out-maneuvered me.

I would love to get some dvdtalk people together for a scheduled CS game. When Star Wars Battlefronts and Halo 2 come out we absolutely must organize some matches.
Old 07-20-04, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm usually avaible after 5pm PST..if you can get a group together for CS around or after that time, count me in.
Old 07-20-04, 04:39 PM

Originally posted by finbogg
Add myself and Propoganda to your friends list. We both play a lot of SC and don't care about rank at all.
Actually, it's Propaganda.
Old 07-20-04, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,802 Likes on 1,125 Posts
Add me to your list..... "Giantrobo". We need to get more dvdtalk LIVE get togethers.

The coolest thing I've seen on LIVE was in Jedi Academy. This guy just Hosted a game with several "bots" and was just playing like normal. Most hardcore folks would leave as soon as they realized he had "bots" and didn't give a shit about ranking and all that jazz. People were just coming and going as they pleased and the ones who stayed just played and had fun.
Old 07-20-04, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Add me to the "no" ranking list ... although I have no idea what any of the acronyms stand for that you guys are throwing around.
Old 07-20-04, 07:20 PM

Originally posted by Tamrok
Actually, it's Propaganda.

OOPS! I'm claiming that as a typo.
Old 07-20-04, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I'm signed up as waporvare, I'm going to add you guys to my friends list but I probably won't be on tonight. Something about the wife wanting to watch some shows.
Old 07-20-04, 08:07 PM
Banned

Add me to your list if you want I will even talk a little dirty to ya. You can do the same for me I'm not gay or nothing but if your a guy but have a girlie voice I can get over the whole penis thing.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.