PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Hero Extended Edition DVD Released HK

Lester Bangs
07-20-04, 05:05 AM
Found at Monkey Peaches www.monkeypeaches.com

China released three editions.

Premium Edition (DVD-9) in wooden box set
Hero extended version (118 minutes) with Simplified Chinese and English subtitles, bonus materials (62 minutes), plus a picture book.

Basic Edition (DVD-9),
Hero extended version (118 minutes) with Simplified Chinese and English subtitles, bonus materials (32 minutes), plus a picture book.

Basic Edition (DVD-5), Hero extended version (118 minutes) with Simplified Chinese and English subtitles.

Yakuza Bengoshi
07-20-04, 07:35 AM
You can find more info by checking out the appropriate thread in the International Forum.

http://dvdtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=374685

Rypro 525
07-20-04, 11:08 AM
anyone know for fact if these are pal or ntsc?

drjay
07-20-04, 02:37 PM
I believe consensus is that it is indeed NTSC, but still awaiting definite info, or confirmation of whether or not it's anamorphic (I sure hope it is).

EDIT: Why did I forget mainland China is PAL? It looks like there's a few threads in Intl dealing with this though.

cultshock
07-20-04, 06:43 PM
EDIT: Why did I forget mainland China is PAL? It looks like there's a few threads in Intl dealing with this though

With DVD's, Asia is kind of wacky. Hong Kong is PAL too, as far as broadcast television and VHS goes, but HK laserdiscs and DVDs are mostly NTSC (most people there have multi-system TVs so it doesn't really matter). The only mainland China DVD I have is the first HERO release and that was NTSC, but I'm not really sure if their DVD releases are normally NTSC or PAL.