Video Game Talk The Place to talk about and trade Video & PC Games

Spiderman2: need help/advice no a level

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-04, 06:08 AM
ngp
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spiderman2: need help/advice no a level

Okay, before anyone flames me for what probably is an easy task for most people playing Spiderman2 (Xbox), let me just say that I am not a gamer and greatly lack the skills of one!

My 7 year old nephew and I are playing Spiderman2 and are in a arena with "Beck". We are at the point where there are a number of switches that need to be triggered but Beck is hovering around shooting a laser canon a Spidey.

We can get to most switches but are stuck at one near the end of the arena. There are a bunch of platforms that are going in an oval pattern (to get a visual, think of a chair lift at a ski resort). By jumping onto the platforms, eventually, Spidey is exposed to Beck and can be shot with the canon. Most of the other switches appear to have protected Spidey fairly easily from being shot. Are we missing something? How do you get to that next switch?

Thanks in advance!
Old 07-19-04, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Don't stay on the platform as it is turning. You have to just run and jump across the protected side until you reach the switch.

Jeremy
Old 07-19-04, 08:50 AM

Here's how I did it. Once you get to the next to last switch, turn toward the left and center the camera behind you. You should be able to see the last switch along with the "ski lifts" moving toward you. Don't ride the ski lifts, just jump from one to the next until you reach the last switch. That way, Beck can't shoot at you. If you do choose to ride one of the ski lifts, once it turns toward Beck, just crawl to the back of it and jump off when it gets to the switch.

Good luck.
Old 07-19-04, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,653 Likes on 1,032 Posts
I can't remember if it's the last part of that section, but if it is, I actually fell off, got shot, managed to hook a web to something and swung up and landed on the last platform with the switch.

Dumb luck but it is possible
Old 07-19-04, 09:46 AM

No need to feel bad about asking for help. I'm sure the advice already given probably has helped you, but there is another resource for just this kind of thing. It's called gamfaqs.com. It's free and you don't have to register or anything like that. Gamefaqs is a compilation of user written reviews and faqs that provide walk throughs of games incase you get stuck or don't know what to do next.
Old 07-19-04, 10:19 AM
ngp
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Awesome, thanks gang!all the advice seems very promising. Now can't wait to try it out tonight!

Chubacabra,
thanks for the heads upon the Gamefaqs; never even occured to me to try there. I had recently visited there to get some controls information on some games that we had rented but never looked beyond that. Thanks!
Old 07-19-04, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Draven
I can't remember if it's the last part of that section, but if it is, I actually fell off, got shot, managed to hook a web to something and swung up and landed on the last platform with the switch.

I actually did the same thing. Between that part and the Statue of Liberty I was ready to pull my hair out.
Old 07-19-04, 02:40 PM
ngp
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Obey The D
...the Statue of Liberty I was ready to pull my hair out.
Speaking of the Statue of Liberty...how does one get out there!?
Is that a level that needs to be beat or something? As you can see...I haven't mastered anything on this game yet!
Old 07-19-04, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,653 Likes on 1,032 Posts
Originally posted by ngp
Speaking of the Statue of Liberty...how does one get out there!?
Is that a level that needs to be beat or something? As you can see...I haven't mastered anything on this game yet!
It's not a huge spoiler or anything. You just have to tag a passing helicopter with a webline and ride it out to Ellis/Statue of Liberty.

I made it to Ellis but I was bored and didn't want to wait for a helicopter to take me back. Just remember that you might be stuck out there for awhile.
Old 07-20-04, 06:39 AM
ngp
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thanks Draven!

BTW, I did beat Beck on the first attempt after getting everyone's advice here. Basically, as I was apporaching the last section, I was practicing jumping on the platform, when I accidentally fell off and landed on the floor. I got shot once but as luck would have it, I ran towards the switch and jumped and landed right on it! Thanks everyone for the advice and more importantly, the confidence!
Old 07-20-04, 10:59 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Draven

The same worked for me. It seems like Beck really can't hit you while you are web slinging around since you are moving too fast for him. I was able to actually go around MSG for awhile with no problem.