Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Talk
Reload this Page >

when will we get Tales from the darkside?

Community
Search
DVD Talk Talk about DVDs and Movies on DVD including Covers and Cases

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-04, 09:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone know who holds the rights to Tales from the Darkside (http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet..._the_Darkside/)? I would love to see this show released since there were some great and creepy episodes. I particularly remember an episode that scared the crap out of me as a kid that dealt with a phone ringing and then a woman going next door to find that the phone was from a vacant apartment. Feeling nostaligic, I would love to see this make an appearance on dvd.

I would also love to see the 80's Twilight zone series make a return. There was some talk about it coming this year from Image, but so far there hasn't been any official announcement.

If released, I would probably pick up the series Monsters of even Freddy's nightmares, but I am much more obsessed with Darkside and twilight zone.

On a side note, I am very excited to see that Amazing stories is coming out in Nov. Now that I think about it, the 80's was full of weekly story shows!:
Amazing stories
the storyteller
Monsters
Twilight zone
Freddy's nightmares
Tales from the darkside
Friday the 13th the series
Old 07-18-04, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

i would love this show on dvd.
as well as friday the 13th the series.
Old 07-18-04, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 189 Likes on 127 Posts
I loved Tales from the Darkside, there were some pretty damn freaky episodes that I remember clearly to this day.

Man, I would prob. end up buying every disc if they came out on DVD.

Just out of curiosity though, I was looking through the ful episode guide but couldn't find my all time fav, the one where they are on a train and they get all paranoid everytime before entering a tunnel.

Edit: oops!! nevermind I found it: "The last car"
Old 07-18-04, 02:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts
is this the series, that spawned that movie of the same name?
Old 07-18-04, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Yes it is. This series would be great to finally have on DVD.
Old 07-18-04, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'd definitely pick up season sets of this show. Several "Best Of" volumes were released on VHS, so why not?
Old 09-07-04, 04:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: when will we get Tales from the darkside?

Originally posted by Mikey
I particularly remember an episode that scared the crap out of me as a kid that dealt with a phone ringing and then a woman going next door to find that the phone was from a vacant apartment.
Wasn't it a downed telephone wire that led to a cemetary, and particularly, her late husband's grave spot? That's what I remember, but you could be right.

And I agree, I would love to see ALL of those series on dvd, and I would most definitely buy them all.
Old 09-07-04, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I loved this show- scared the crap out of me when I was a kid. Even the theme song and opening images were scary. I'd love to see it come out on dvd.

For that matter, I'd love all of those anthology shows mentioned above.
Old 09-07-04, 04:20 PM

Friday The 13th The Series to me was much better in terms of script and acting. Kolchak, The Night Stalker was also very good.
Old 09-07-04, 05:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Re: when will we get Tales from the darkside?

Originally posted by SlingshotBandit
Wasn't it a downed telephone wire that led to a cemetary, and particularly, her late husband's grave spot? That's what I remember, but you could be right.
Actually, you're recalling a classic episode of the original Twilight Zone.

And by the way, in case anyone didn't know, the first season of the 1980's version of The Twilight Zone is being released any day now.

Anyway, I would definitely also love to see releases of some of these great anthology series - Tales From the Darkside and Friday the 13th were great, and would be definite must buys for me. There is an ongoing rumor that the Friday the 13th TV series is being considered for release in 2005.

But of all of them, Monsters was my favorite. I would kill to see all three seasons of this great (although slightly obscure) show released.
Old 09-07-04, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

And add "The Hitchhiker" and "Tales From the Crypt" to my want list too.
Old 09-10-04, 05:20 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: Re: Re: when will we get Tales from the darkside?

Originally posted by Sex Fiend
Actually, you're recalling a classic episode of the original Twilight Zone.

But of all of them, Monsters was my favorite. I would kill to see all three seasons of this great (although slightly obscure) show released.
Thanks for putting me straight.

Hey, remember that episode of Monsters, with the dad from A Christmas Story (Darren McGavin)?

It was a story of a married couple with two children. It was the eve of Christmas and they were singing holiday songs. The kids wanted to hear a story, and he and his wife (the mom) made up this story about a creature named The Grither. And everytime they said it's name, The Grither would grow bigger and get closer to the source of which called it's name. Well, when the children would whine (or something like that), the parents would mention the name "The Grither" and the kids would get frightened because they feared it would get closer.

Well sure enough, the story turned out to be true and large thud-sounding noises would get closer and come to the door. The kids cowered in the corner, and the parents were taken.

It's been a while, but that's what I recall from that episode. And another one about a typewriter. Man!! I'd love this show on dvd.

I do know Monsters had some episodes released on VHS. The ma and pa video store I used to work out carried about 2 copies, with 3 episodes each.

I think I'll go rent them by week's end.
Old 10-27-09, 03:03 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Re: when will we get Tales from the darkside?

Season 2 is supposed to be released today.