Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Shrek 2 Ending question

Community
Search
Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Shrek 2 Ending question

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-04, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shrek 2 Ending question

I watched the movie 2wice and each time they killed the movie before the credits were finished (happens a lot here) .. now on IMDB it says there is some donkey / drago scene that I have then missed ??? can someone just tell me what that was ?

thanks
Old 07-14-04, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

It invloved the dragon flying to Donkey with a handful of new flying donkey/dragon babies... it wasnt much.
Old 07-14-04, 09:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Second Star on the right, and straight on til' morning...
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Actually, I thought the extra explained a LOT - why dragon wasn't around to help during the movie, and in fact why dragon took off from donkey in the first place.
Old 07-14-04, 09:18 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

but it doesnt explain how a Donkey mated with a Dragon...
Old 07-14-04, 09:19 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
I thought the mutant babies were cool
Old 07-15-04, 03:00 AM

What I wondered was....if Shrek drank the potion and it made him handsome and the Princess beautiful again....what happened to Dragon since Donkey drank the potion too.
Old 07-15-04, 05:00 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

that explains also why Donkey initially wanted to move back in with Shrek .. he said that Dragon has been very moody lately

Now I have to wait for the DVD to get to see that.

thanks everyone
Old 07-15-04, 06:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I missed it too but i was asking about it in some irc chatroom and someone sent me these.. don't know where he got them from though.

Old 07-15-04, 07:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Isn't there some kind of rule about cutting the movie before the credits? It's a shame that a theater would do that.
Old 07-15-04, 11:49 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Why do movies wait until after the last credit to show this shit?? Why not a few seconds after the film ends? Idiots.
Old 07-15-04, 11:56 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally posted by Rivero
Why do movies wait until after the last credit to show this shit?? Why not a few seconds after the film ends? Idiots.
In the case of Shrek 2, t wasn't after the last credit...it was only a few seconds after they began to roll.
Old 07-15-04, 12:10 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by V-ism
Isn't there some kind of rule about cutting the movie before the credits? It's a shame that a theater would do that.
I think you are right, I think theaters are legally bound to run credits, just like if a TV station shows a movie they always show the credits (though sometimes in fast forward).
Old 07-15-04, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Take a look at caipirina's location guys . . . Fiji . . . I'm guessing rules might be a little different there . . .
Old 07-15-04, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by talemyn
Take a look at caipirina's location guys . . . Fiji . . . I'm guessing rules might be a little different there . . .
Yep ,, very nicely said! I never got to see this preview of Matrix 3 attached to Matrix 2 for same reasons ...

Somehow people here also like to leave the theater when they 'feel' the movie is about over (Thus a bunch of them missed the several ending bits of spiderman 2)

Thanks for finding and posting the super cute donkey shots. Excellent quality ... The only source I could have gotten my fingers on would have thai and malay subtitles all over and also been cut too early.
Old 07-20-04, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Groucho
In the case of Shrek 2, t wasn't after the last credit...it was only a few seconds after they began to roll.
i would not call 75 a couple ... 75 seconds after La vida loca ends (and that already had the main character in silly freeze frames credits), and wer are sitting through rolling credits while listening to a remix version of "i need a hero" .. this end scene comes ... (plenty o'time to have left the theater)

I had the chance finally to review the ending .. and here a little breakdown:

It starts with donkey singing alone on stage "all by myself" while shrek and fiona are dancing ... everyone else seems to have left and Puss is on his way out with 2 (human) ladies. They want to go to the Kit-Kat Club, and Puss tries to get Donkey to join "Find you a nice burro".

Enter the dragon. (Stupid pun) .. she flies in, D gets all excited .. they have a short talk "i am sorry too" .. she growls something .. he goes "what? can you say that again" . and baby mutant dragon #1 comes flying in and burbs fire ... hardly over that shock, 5 more of them come and call him Papa ...

D says "look at our mutant babies" ... and Dragon blows a pink, heart shaped smokering in shrek and fiona's direction ...

Donkey ends with "i got to get a job"

The whole scene is exactly 1 minute long.

Also one thing to look fwd to, if they keep that for the final DVD ... Donkey is suggesting titles for the movie .. this is hillarious ... all other characters are annoyed ... he keeps going ... "How about 'Shrek 2: Too Fast Too Donkey' .. or 'Shrek2: The fellowship of the Donkey' ... or 'S2onkey Reloaded' ...

Shrek replies with "how about 'shrek2: Dude, where is my Donkey? .... oh, he got cut out of the movie because HE TALKS TOO MUCH"

some cool stuff ..
Old 07-20-04, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Rammsteinfan
but it doesnt explain how a Donkey mated with a Dragon...
I think they actually had a scene of that and I hear it will be on the upcoming Shrek 2: Unrated Edition.
Old 07-20-04, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 696 Likes on 430 Posts
Originally posted by RyoHazuki
I think they actually had a scene of that and I hear it will be on the upcoming Shrek 2: Unrated Edition.
That's quite the Eugenics program...

Old 07-20-04, 10:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Matt Millheiser
That's quite the Eugenics program...

Where do you keep going? You're here for a while and then *bam* you're gone faster than Edith Baer.

BTW I enjoyed the review of Playboy: Women of Walmart. Two thumbs way up. And as always
Old 07-21-04, 12:32 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Where do you keep going? You're here for a while and then *bam* you're gone faster than Edith Baer.

BTW I enjoyed the review of Playboy: Women of Walmart. Two thumbs way up. And as always
Crosspost ? Threadjack ? What's going on here ... and where is my dragon lady when i need her???
Old 07-21-04, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 696 Likes on 430 Posts

Sorry dude, I've been heading up the Internet Action Committee at the Simon Wiesenthal Center for Latter-Day Saints. Conference calls, and all that.

Glad you liked the review, try walking into Wal-Mart without a chubby after watching it. Eesh. That retarded greeter in the wheelchair gives me the goobies. And I know a dirty limerick about Edith Baer. Something to do with a llama. Propaganda? Perhaps. But there is always
Old 07-22-04, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by jeffkjoe
If anyone wants to know how and why this ending for SHREK 2 was done, you can ask me.

I am very interested in the "WHY"

there is a reason?

My wife said that it makes it look very much like Shrek 3 will have little Ogre kids in it

c'mon Jeff .. spill the beans !
Old 07-22-04, 05:36 PM
Banned

BTW I enjoyed the review of Playboy: Women of Walmart. Two thumbs way up.
Good to hear, but I'm drawing the line if they ever come to Playboy: Women of the Salvation Army.
Old 07-22-04, 05:38 PM
Banned

Originally posted by jeffkjoe
If anyone wants to know how and why this ending for SHREK 2 was done, you can ask me.

I animated the shot where the mutant donkey babies are jumping all over donkey.

As a matter of fact, the second image that glassdragon posted above, of the six dragon babies nuzzling Donkey, is a frame from my shot!!!
Can you teach me how to use FLASH?
Old 11-16-04, 11:44 PM

Also one thing to look fwd to, if they keep that for the final DVD ... Donkey is suggesting titles for the movie .. this is hillarious ... all other characters are annoyed ... he keeps going ... "How about 'Shrek 2: Too Fast Too Donkey' .. or 'Shrek2: The fellowship of the Donkey' ... or 'S2onkey Reloaded' ...
Don't own the DVD yet, but rented it. Don't think he mentions those titles on there does he?
Old 11-17-04, 12:02 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally posted by marioxb
Don't own the DVD yet, but rented it. Don't think he mentions those titles on there does he?
It's on the menu. Sit there and wait and he'll start saying those things.