DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Talk Archive (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive-54/)
-   -   Rambo Trilogy Out Of Print? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-talk-archive/374688-rambo-trilogy-out-print.html)

Tread 07-14-04 02:41 AM

Rambo Trilogy Out Of Print?

Sorry if there's an existing thread on this; I couldn't dig anything up.

I was just digging around on Amazon and thinking about getting a couple DVDs and giving some of my current ones to my father. I thought about getting the Rambo trilogy, but I can't find it anywhere. Has this gone out of print, and if so, are there plans to rerelease?

I saw First Blood listed in the rerelease thread, but didn't know what the story was.

BlackBeauty92 07-14-04 02:50 AM

looks like it....

i've read somewhere that they're going re-re-release it again with extra cut or different ending option or something like that

Tread 07-14-04 10:56 AM

As long as they don't replace his knives and guns with a ton of walkie-talkies, I may still be interested. Thanks for the info. :)

Fok 07-14-04 11:13 AM

Originally posted by BlackBeauty92
looks like it....

i've read somewhere that they're going re-re-release it again with extra cut or different ending option or something like that

Oh man, why didn't they do that in the first place? the movie has been around for years :grunt:

ChristianB 07-14-04 12:30 PM

I know that Lions Gate has the rights now for First Blood and will be releasing their own Special Edition. I'm not sure what will happen with Rambo: First Blood Part II and Rambo III.

Christian

johnglad 07-15-04 11:48 AM

The now somewhat rare and out of print METAL TIN Rambo Trilogy Collection now regularly gets $60-$75 on Ebay if listed well. Probably just a time period where the out of print rarity rears its head for a few months, but the metal tin boxset was kinda cool.

jmj713 07-15-04 12:11 PM

According to DavisDVD, look for Lions Gate to release a new First Blood: Special Edition this November. This new version will include an alternate ending which was only talked about in the previous special edition release (available on its own or in the limited Rambo Trilogy box).

El-Kabong 07-15-04 03:24 PM

Wow - out of print? Hmmm, I picked mine up on as an impulse buy - I should unload it and make some cash!

Mike Lowrey 07-15-04 04:17 PM

Bought mine (metal tin version) on day of release.

gutwrencher 07-15-04 10:22 PM

Originally posted by Mike Lowrey
Bought mine (metal tin version) on day of release.
what he said.:D

BlackBeauty92 07-16-04 12:02 AM

yup, mine too :)
great set though

darmok 07-16-04 04:06 PM

love the tin set...i'm ashamed to admit it, but they're fun movies :) and the transfers were great. overkill to re-re-release them so soon, tho'!

BlackBeauty92 07-16-04 04:07 PM

why do have ashamed by it?

RAMBO kick major behind, man....

Adrenaline 07-16-04 04:30 PM

I hope the new releases will still have the DTS soundtracks.

Mike Lowrey 07-16-04 04:36 PM

Originally posted by darmok
love the tin set...i'm ashamed to admit it, but they're fun movies :) and the transfers were great. overkill to re-re-release them so soon, tho'!
Yeah, transfers were pretty good, however I found the DD 5.1 soundtracks to be a little weak in the bass. Bass sounded a bit metallic or something.

starving dvder 07-16-04 10:21 PM

If I do recall, I bought my Tin box set for under 50 dollars Canadian.:)

Dabaomb 07-17-04 02:13 AM

a lot of ppl including myself bought this for $21.27 or something like that at DDD.com

It had a price drop to $39.95 and DDD.com almost always prices Artisan titles at 40-50% off.

Squirrel God 07-17-04 03:57 AM

Yeah, bought mine cheap at DDD. Realised I didn't like the films but saw that it was about to go OOP a while ago so I held back offloading it on eBay. Now is the time :D

SMART-ASS 07-17-04 03:06 PM

I wouldn't sell off your boxed set versions just yet guys.
I far as I can recall, Lions Gate does not have any dvds with DTS soundtracks. So if you value that, don't count on it reappearing. LG has a history now of dropping the DTS tracks. Like with The Red Violin and Shadow Of The Vampire prviously released by Universal. They had DTS and when Lions Gate retained the rights, they were re-released WITHOUT the DTS.
Also, what about the 4th disc in the set with all the supplemental materials? I doubt if they'll reproduce that either.
I'll be holding on to mine for right now.

CrashNBurn69 07-18-04 03:32 AM

ive seen a couple of the metal set at circuit city. maybe i should pick it up.

tacomantt 07-18-04 06:16 AM

Off to ebay I go.

Cha-ching.