Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Joe Schmo 2 7/12

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-04, 11:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Joe Schmo 2 7/12

damn that cammy scene was awesome. best line of the night: "we've laughed with them. we've cried with them. and next week one will DIE"

spoilers

that sucks they got rid of ingrid she had some mighty nice tatas herself.

end spoilers
Old 07-12-04, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts
heh, I deleted my thread on this show...cut and pasting...

All I have to say is that this was THE funniest episode
so far! I was in tears during the dinner. Also great was
Ingrid. I won't say much more because most won't be
able to watch tonight, but I love this show. This episode
was the best, even compared to the 1st season.
Old 07-12-04, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Wow, my first episode and I guess I started off with a good one! That was a helluva lap dance that Cammy gave...
Old 07-12-04, 11:54 PM

Now what were those "models" doing?
Old 07-13-04, 01:24 AM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by lucasorion
Helping to boost the sales numbers for the inevitable uncensored Season 2 DVD set, I'd imagine.
Old 07-13-04, 02:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by lucasorion
who were those models?

I heard the host say Nicole to one of them, but I dont remember which and it could have been a fake name.
Old 07-13-04, 07:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
There's no way they're going to kill someone off.

Cammy fed the frog a donut, so the frog is going to croak (bad pun intended). either that, or monticore will eat him.

that'll set up a nice angle to bring back Bryce.
Old 07-13-04, 07:30 AM

Originally posted by RoyalTea
There's no way they're going to kill someone off.

Cammy fed the frog a donut, so the frog is going to croak (bad pun intended). either that, or monticore will eat him.

that'll set up a nice angle to bring back Bryce.
You're probably right, but it would be cool if they turned it into a horror/mystery movie, where someone (Bryce) is picking them off one at a time until it gets to just the host, the Schmoes and Piper. They could bring in a goofy, Poirot-type of detective who wants to keep them all in the house while he is investigating.

I loved how they added the filthy donut sitting in the frog tank to the quick-cut montage at the eviction ceremony.
Old 07-13-04, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally posted by RoyalTea

Ahh, I'll bet you're right on that one. They're going to kill the frog and get Bryce back into the house. Ingrid will get back in as well.

Loved the dead grandfather bit - you mean she has TWO grandfathers? Crazy!

Also loved Tim's valiant effort to contain himself when what's-her-face called Bryce a sweet guy, and saying that she may have made a mistake. Dude was about to have an anurism - he was doing everything in his power to keep his mouth shut.
Old 07-13-04, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by mgbfan
Ahh, I'll bet you're right on that one. They're going to kill the frog and get Bryce back into the house. Ingrid will get back in as well.

Loved the dead grandfather bit - you mean she has TWO grandfathers? Crazy!

Also loved Tim's valiant effort to contain himself when what's-her-face called Bryce a sweet guy, and saying that she may have made a mistake. Dude was about to have an anurism - he was doing everything in his power to keep his mouth shut.
Perhaps they let Austin bring back Ingrid after he made a mistake when kicking her out. Then to balance things out, they let Piper bring someone back, so Bryce gets to come back.
Old 07-13-04, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I laughed so hard that I started crying during that dinner scene. The father was great.

Eleanor is playing the sensitive character, but Amanda is pretty damn sensitive herself, and she seems very sincere.

I think this episode and last week's were the best this season so far.
Old 07-13-04, 12:58 PM
nny
DVD Talk Special Edition

Maybe they'll fake a death of one of the girls and that'll give them an excuse to bring Ingrid back. Of course the frog or bird is more likely since that would really stretch believability for the Schmo's that they were continuing the show.

I thought it was pretty funny that Amanda did exactly what they wanted her to do a couple times last night, like bringing up the other grandfather.
Old 07-13-04, 06:40 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 617 Likes on 496 Posts
OMG - I just started watching this - this episode and the one before. Never saw this show (or the 1st one) before. This is hysterical.

The dead grandfather bit was great. I thought she only had one grandfather.

The pearl necklace is Austin's symbol of his love.

The 'British host' is great. His expressions during the lap dance were priceless. Then commenting 'So am I' after Cammy said she was done after her lap dance. Speaking of lap dances, where does Cammy strip? Wow! Then the Porked & Beans video & how he said how he was sorry to see that........on such a small monitor.

Last edited by Red Dog; 07-13-04 at 06:45 PM.
Old 07-14-04, 07:27 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I thought it was great how they had the same actors playing the parents, but with the roles reversed. They nailed it both times. Amanda has a perpetual "deer in the headlights" look...she must think she's in the worst reality show of all time.
Old 07-14-04, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What a brilliant episode, all the way down to the preview for next week. I too thought they were refering to the frog, especially the way they keep treating him like a cast member with the editing. So many great moments in this one.

das
Old 07-14-04, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

at first, I though Cammy had the lime in her mouth when Dallas did the body shot. then it would have seemed somewhat reasonable for him to go after that. but she didn't. he just felt like making out with her in front of his wife. AWESOME.
One of the funniest elements of the show landed on the cutting room floor due to network standards issues. Every time Derek Newcastle watched anything remotely sexy on-set (Cammy lap-dancing, the women in bikinis, etc.), he would stuff his hand into his suit-pants pocket and start playing ‘pocket pool.’ It was one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen. We were wiping tears from our eyes in the edit bays. When word came back that the pocket pool was too dirty to remain in the show, there was a collective slump in the offices. Nothing sends me into a tailspin faster than removing something funny from an episode. Nothing.
from http://schmoblog.spiketv.com/