Community
Search

Quantum Leap season two?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-04, 01:16 PM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quantum Leap season two?

Has anyone heard any mumblings about QL S2 being released. I just finished S1 with my daughter and she is excited about seeing more.
Old 07-12-04, 02:03 PM

I'm interested in knowing too. I just finished watching season 1 as well.
Old 07-12-04, 02:40 PM

This is from dvdanswers.com:

Universal has released early details on Quantum Leap: Season 2 which stars Scott Bakula. This three-disc set will be available to own from the 26th October this year, and should set you back somewhere in the region of $59.98. Each of the season two episodes will be presented in 1.33:1 full frame along with English Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo tracks.
Old 07-12-04, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's also just been announced here:
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=1868

Good timing, dcambensy!

Rob
Old 07-12-04, 02:59 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Wow, That was quick - great news!

At this rate, the complete series will be out on dvd by next year sometime.
Old 07-12-04, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts
Umm...22 shows on 3 discs? Sounds like flippers and no extras, doesn't it? I enjoyed the extras on the first season - as slim as they were - and was hoping for more of the same for Season Two.

Well - at least they aren't raising the price on us...I thought Season One was about $20 over what it should have been for 8 shows.
Old 07-12-04, 03:27 PM
Suspended

A Halloween release date? Very fitting - wasnt season 2 the year that The Episode That Shall Not Be Named (AKA: The B**giem*n) ran?

(Or was that season 3? I dont remember.)

Last edited by El-Kabong; 07-12-04 at 03:34 PM.
Old 07-12-04, 04:30 PM
Fok
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Oh boy.

Great series, would be good if it was still shown on TV. Scott Bakula is way better in this role than he is in Enterprise. The try hard tough guy role doesn't work for him.
Old 07-12-04, 05:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I don't care so much about flipper discs. I have The West Wing and I have no problem as I like to spread the episodes out over weeks so I am a-ok with it. But we do need extras. Maybe commentaries along with some episodes??????
Old 07-12-04, 08:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I got TiVo recently and happened to record an episode of QL. Turned out to be the pilot episode. I'm hooked. Glad to know this series is being released as quickly as it is. I saw some episodes while it was on the air, but I can enjoy it much more now on DVD.
Old 07-13-04, 04:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by conscience

I don't care so much about flipper discs. I have The West Wing and I have no problem as I like to spread the episodes out over weeks so I am a-ok with it. But we do need extras. Maybe commentaries along with some episodes??????
My only concern is that they are flippers AND from Universal...I don't want to see a season of Quantum Leap that looks like the Battlestar Galactica set - with a lot of epsidoes lacking sharpness and definition because they were all compressed onto a few DVDs.

I'd personally rather pay double and get a 6-DVD set (with notable extras included, of course) - but that's just a personal preference. We'll see what they look like when they're released.
Old 07-13-04, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
(Can't Resist) Oh Boy!

I'm hoping for some more extras, but it doesn't sound like that will be the case. I'm sure those interviews with Bakula and others were done all at the same time, and it will be a similar format to season 1.
Old 07-13-04, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
I can't wait. But my question is this. Where are all the features that they made for these sets? I remember reading that they put together a ton of stuff for the first season and we ended up with a documentary and some intros. Nothing like what was mentioned.
Old 07-22-04, 08:01 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

What a disappointment...

From DVDFile.com

"Then, coming from Universal Studios Home Video is Quantum Leap: The Complete Second Season, which will street on October 26th. Like the first season collection, this one features remastered 4:3 full screen transfers and Dolby 2.0 tracks, but no extras. Retail will list for $59.95."

No extras? I would have even been happy with the show intro's by Bakula and maybe a featurette or two. One of my all time favorite shows, with no extras. I guess I should be happy that they are coming out, but I still feel empty inside.
Old 07-22-04, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It wouldn't surprise me if S2 still has Bakula intros... maybe even another special feature or two (possibly in the form of easter eggs...) If I remember correctly, everyone said "no extras" originally expected on S1, also... and while granted, it isn't packed with extras, it has some and most importantly the episodes themselves.

Last edited by ScottyWH; 07-22-04 at 12:40 PM.
Old 07-22-04, 08:20 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by ScottyWH
It wouldn't surprise me if S2 still has Bakula intros... maybe even another special feature or two (possibly in the form of easter eggs...) If I remember correctly, everyone said "no extras" origianlly expected on S1, also... and while granted, it isn't packed with extras, it has some and most importantly the episodes themselves.
I think it's because I've been waiting for so long for QL to come out, I've been expecting better/more extras. You are exactly right, I should (and AM) happy that they are coming to DVD.
Old 07-22-04, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I hope they at least have the intros as well...I don't know why they wouldn't cover as many epsiodes as possible when they had Scott and Dean in for the extras filming...he only talks for a minute or so about each show.

Just finished up Season One last night...what a GREAT show this was, even from the beginning. It's impact hasn't aged at all. And some of the lines Al (Dean Stockwell) got away with about women...I'm surprised they got by the 80's network censors! (But kind of glad they did!)