Search

DVCA and Matt

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-04, 06:49 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Location: second star on the right and straight on to the morning
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DVCA and Matt

I feel terrible as do many of us, for all the problems Matt has because of the legal issues on DVCA.
He supplied us with beautiful covers and a place for others to place their covers for all of us to share.
Do to the volume of requests and covers
uploaded, he started DVCA with DVD Depot helping host the site. I wish there were something we could do to help him.
I do not know if anyone has seen this message on the DVCA site, so here it is:

Many people have asked about refunds for unused credits. Refunds are highly unlikely as any money collected is/has been used to towards settling the current legal issues.

I'm well aware that some users are upset about not being able to use credits they have either purchased or earned. I'd ask that you try to understand that these past few weeks have been *very* stressful for myself and the staff, not only because of the potential legal outcome, but because of the uncertain future of the site as well, and that as much as I'd like to offer refunds to everyone, I simply cannot as I've never made a dime off the site.

DV-Depot however has stepped up, and as compensation for unused credits, would like to offer all dvdcoverart customers $15 (cnd) off any purchase of $50 (cnd) or more (total, including shipping) from now until August 1, 2004. Just use the coupon code "dvdcoverart" when checking out.

We don't have any additional info at this time unfortunately, but we do hope to have all these issues resolved soon and the site back in some form in the near future.

All updates to the site will be made here in this post, so please do not email myself or any of the staff asking for more information, as you'll likely just get a link to this post =)

Thanks to everyone for your patience and understanding during this very difficult time.

regards,
Matt
Old 07-11-04, 10:46 PM
Banned

Amongst many goodbyes 47,794 have read Matts 6/23/04 status that hasn't changed since he put it on which Randy810 posted. R.I.P. DVDCA sorry to see you go, I used up my last 100 credits and all that was down loaded are burned for data recovery as I need them.

Matt we hardly got to know ya, goodbye old friend.

Edit: 54,381 now have seen Mattd status post on 6/23/04

Last edited by VOOM; 07-15-04 at 07:59 AM.
Old 07-12-04, 05:31 PM
mdX

I'm still around - just lurking in the shadows =)
Old 07-14-04, 10:35 AM
Cool New Member

Hey, no PM's on this board....
Matt, ok if I email you on a couple of questions on the specifics of the reasons behind closing the site down?
I'm keen to avoid the same event as much as possible.
Old 07-15-04, 03:22 PM
Banned

56,685 have now seen mattd board on DVDCA and Big Al 'says their has been little change since DVDCA went 'cold'. No one at DVDCA is giving out any details at all, we're all hanging out at Rix.
I found this on google dated July 13 "The site is currently closed while we deal with any pending legal ...The site is currently closed while we deal with any pending legal issues. We don't know when it will be back or in what form, other ...
www.dvdcoverart.com/ - 1k - Jul 13, 2004"

Last edited by VOOM; 07-16-04 at 02:58 PM.