Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Violent Femmes @ Artscape - Baltimore

Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Old 07-11-04, 04:51 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They will be playing Saturday (7/17) at 8:30. Here's the link to the full lineup.

http://www.bop.org/calendar/events/a...e_schedule.htm
Old 07-11-04, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
I saw them live when they played at my school (University of Richmond) a few years ago. They were okay, but totally rushed through their set and barely said a word to the audience. If I'm going to give a band my hard-earned money, I'd like it if they at least pretended to be appreciative of their audience.
Old 07-11-04, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by DJLinus
If I'm going to give a band my hard-earned money, I'd like it if they at least pretended to be appreciative of their audience.
I'm pretty sure the shows at artscape are free.

I've seen the Femmes three times and they were three of the best shows I've seen. They weren't like you described at all. I guess they might have been having a bad night or something.
Old 07-11-04, 07:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
They very well could have had an off night. Too bad, because they made a bad first impression. It's a shame because I really like their music (their first disc is an absolute classic).

I'd give them another chance (for free this time) in Baltimore if I still lived in the DC metro area. Maybe another time...
Old 07-11-04, 11:36 PM

They played the Portland Rose Festival free a month ago (well $5 to get into the fun center) and they were awesome! Played a mix of classics and other tunes I haven't heard. They played most of their hits apart from "Breaking Up", almost all their 80's hits though. They talked to the crowd and made everyone feel at home.
Old 07-12-04, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 369 Likes on 263 Posts
They must have had an off night when I saw them too. They rushed their set and at one point told the over-excited audience "We've been paid, we will leave."
Old 07-13-04, 12:05 PM
Retired

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by DJLinus
I saw them live when they played at my school (University of Richmond) a few years ago. They were okay, but totally rushed through their set and barely said a word to the audience. If I'm going to give a band my hard-earned money, I'd like it if they at least pretended to be appreciative of their audience.
They were the same way when I saw them at WVU a few years back. But then again I'm not a fan and just went because it was free.