DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Question about Snatch DVDs

FaintDeftone
07-11-04, 11:32 AM
I'm thinking about picking up Snatch on DVD. The thing is, the two disc special edition I hear is out of print. I have seen the single disc version everywhere and can't find the 2 disc version anywhere but ebay.

So my question to you guys is this. Is the single disc version of Snatch good enough to buy, or should I try nabbing up the 2 disc version on eBay? If there isn't too many differences between the two then I might just go for the single disc edition. If the 2 disc version has better video/audio and all then I may put a little extra effort in getting that one off eBay or something. I don't care about the extras too much since I rented the 2 disc version not too long ago and none of them really interested me.

Thanks.

Zman
07-11-04, 11:48 AM
Don't forget there is also a Superbit release of this. If it were me I would just pick up the special edition that came out or the Superbit edition.

Ive seen both versions at bestbuy recently so I don't know if one is OOP or not. If the extras don't really interest you, you may want to go ahead and pick up the Superbit edition.

Hope that helps some.

Z

DonnachaOne
07-11-04, 11:55 AM
I haven't even watched much of the extras on disc 2, save for the easter eggs. I'd get the single disc version, as it has the quite-good Ritchie/Vaughn commentary. "Jason Statham is supposed to be here as well, but, um, he didn't turn up..."

MasterofDVD
07-11-04, 12:46 PM
My local Wal-Mart went from carrying the single disc version to having the 2 disc version. It just kinda reappeared the other day. The price of it was under 10.00 as well so I finally picked it up. I too thought I'd never see the 2 disc version again but I was wrong.

shelland
07-11-04, 01:42 PM
I'm thinking about picking up Snatch on DVD.
There are lots of websites for that. They'll even ship in plain brown wrapping... ;)

Adrenaline
07-11-04, 02:25 PM
The Superbit Deluxe has everything the 2 Disc has except the commentaries, but you get higher bit rate and DTS. To each his own...

FaintDeftone
07-11-04, 02:57 PM
hmm I might check out the Superbit version since its pretty rare for me to listen to a commentary track.

Fok
07-11-04, 02:58 PM
SE or the superbit would be the choice.