Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD & Home Theater Gear
Reload this Page >

Sony STR-K740P Reciever (comes with HT-1700D) volume?

DVD & Home Theater Gear Discuss DVD and Home Theater Equipment.

Old 07-11-04, 01:21 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 900 Likes on 761 Posts

Does anyone have this reciever, hooked-up to DVD player and TV? I am just wondering what volume you usually keep it at when you watch a DVD.
I don't know what the norm is, but I tend to think that I set it very high just to get decent volume (42-44). I am not sure if I set it up incorrectly originally or this is indeed a roundabout normal volume setting.

I know conditions and room variants will differ, but my set up is in a small living room where you don't need the volume too high, so that is why I question.

If anyone can understand my ramblings and can help me out I would appreciate it.
Old 07-11-04, 12:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
I don't know what the norm is, but I tend to think that I set it very high just to get decent volume (42-44). I am not sure if I set it up incorrectly originally or this is indeed a roundabout normal volume setting
Numbers on a volume control are meaningless.

Factors that will affect this are type of speaker, number of speakers running, type of amplifier etc.
Old 07-11-04, 04:46 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 900 Likes on 761 Posts
Well, there are 5 mini Sony speakers and the reciever is above. I think it is good. Puts out really excellent DTS, but I just think I am setting too high. Oh well, I guess I can deal, just wanted to know if norm from someone with same system. Thanks for help anyway.