Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Music Talk
Reload this Page >

Can someone place this classical sample?

Community
Search
Music Talk Discuss music in all its forms: CD, MP3, DVD-A, SACD and of course live

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-04, 04:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So in one of the bazigillion Jay-Z black album remixes, called the Amorphous Album, the guy used a sample that I cannot place(I know jack sh!t about classical music). It's got a classical/sound of music-ey sound to it. It's the part where Jay-z's moms is talking. It's the softer sounding sample used, but if you can place the more aggressive sounding sample as well that would be awesome.

here is the song

(BTW- I'm pretty sure these boots were encouraged by Jay-z & Rocafella since they released the album accapella in order for dj's to remix them. I had an interview were he talked about it but can't find it now. I'm pretty sure this is legal since the dude isn't trying to sell them, but if I'm wrong sorry to the mods. Close up shop if need be.)
Old 07-09-04, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
it just sounds like a simple piano chord progression to me. Three chords on a piano does not make it classical music.
Old 07-09-04, 08:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Can someone place this classical sample?

Originally posted by boredsilly
(BTW- I'm pretty sure these boots were encouraged by Jay-z & Rocafella since they released the album accapella in order for dj's to remix them. I had an interview were he talked about it but can't find it now. I'm pretty sure this is legal since the dude isn't trying to sell them, but if I'm wrong sorry to the mods. Close up shop if need be.)
Yeah, Jay-Z said something to the extent of, "I want people to remix the shit out of this."
Old 07-09-04, 08:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by uli2000
it just sounds like a simple piano chord progression to me. Three chords on a piano does not make it classical music.
Ay, well thanks anyway.
Old 07-09-04, 08:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
No idea about the sample, but I like the remix. Where can one get the album?