Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > DVD Reviews and Recommendations
Reload this Page >

DVD Talk review of 'Toronto Rocks'

Community
Search
DVD Reviews and Recommendations Read, Post and Request DVD Reviews.

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-04, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I read Ian Jane's DVD review of Toronto Rocks at http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/read.php?ID=11447 and...

i know the canadians threw shit at timberlake, but is that still shown, or did they cut it? also i noticed a funny typo. you said "timberlake sang a poopy sounding song..." when it should be poppy, but thats probably what it sounded like right?
Old 07-06-04, 05:32 PM
DVD & Video Game Reviewer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Nope, I said poopy and I meant poopy. Though it is poppy sounding as well.

And yes, during the set when JT joins the Stones, you can see the crowd is throwing garbage and water bottles at him.
Old 07-07-04, 07:52 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
Re: DVD Talk review of 'Toronto Rocks'

Originally posted by Rypro 525
i know the canadians threw shit at timberlake, but is that still shown, or did they cut it?
It's not as noticeable during Timberlake's single solo song as it is during his appearance with the Stones during Miss You. In one of the extras, Mick and Keith talk at great length about the unruly crowd antics, with footage of the incident.

For what it's worth, Timberlake's song Senorita has him doing his best Stevie Wonder imitation, and while not really fitting in with the rest of the performers at all, it is blandly inoffensive. That's more than I can say about the embarrassing mugging of Ackroyd and Belushi - who get way too much screen time.

Here's my full review, if you're bored...

Last edited by Pointyskull; 07-07-04 at 07:55 AM.
Old 07-07-04, 11:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
To Ian and 12thmonkey:

Did either of you feel that the concert as a whole was good enough to get multi-disc treatment? Perhaps full sets for the performers?
Old 07-07-04, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally posted by wordtoyamotha
To Ian and 12thmonkey:

Did either of you feel that the concert as a whole was good enough to get multi-disc treatment? Perhaps full sets for the performers?
YES! But that's just my selfish opinion. I doubt we will ever see a multi-disc set.

There is a Canadian 2-disc set that feature the more of the lesser known opening acts (bands like Blue Rodeo) who only get :60 worth of exposure on the single disc.

As for the main acts, I know that I wanted more of The Flaming Lips after witnessing their performance of Do You Realize?
Old 07-07-04, 12:11 PM
DVD & Video Game Reviewer

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by wordtoyamotha
I'd have really liked to have seen the entire AC/DC set released.
Old 07-08-04, 04:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was at the the concert and have to say the AC/DC set was amazing I'd like to see their entire thing on disc but I'd also like to see alot more from several of the bands.