Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > Movie Talk
Reload this Page >

Toronto International Film Festival - Help Please

Movie Talk A Discussion area for everything movie related including films In The Theaters

Old 07-06-04, 04:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am going to the Toronto International Film Festival in September. I have a hotel on Yonge St through Priceline. I have done some research and have read horror stories on people unable to get tickets for films.

Are there any Toronto veterans who have advice for someone's first time at the Festival. I know the website goes live next week. From past information I'll most likely be looking at getting the 30-ticket pass, but I've read that even with that they use a random system to sell tickets.

Any advice for a first-timer regarding expectations for getting tickets to films.

Thanks,
PJ
Old 07-06-04, 09:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you want the 30 coupon pass than you have to fill out the catalog and submit it to them with the choice of films you would like to see and than they have a random draw and which ever number gets picked they work they were way down the list bascially until your group. If you don't get tickets you can always try single tickets and line up like all night and if thats sold out than all you have left is joining the Rush line a few hours before the show starts. Ive gotten into many sold out shows by standing in the Rush line.

-Mike

Last edited by Mike2004; 07-06-04 at 09:04 PM.