Best Sellers
The Longest Day
Buy: $54.99 $24.99
DVD Blowouts
Alien [Blu-ray]
Buy: $19.99 $9.99

PDA
DVD Reviews

View Full Version : Any "Hedwig" fans here?

Daytripper
07-04-04, 02:22 PM
Don't recall ever seeing any discussions about this film. True, it's not for everyone. The music definitely made me a fan. I hear it's being played at midnight shows in L.A. and N.Y.C. I hope my city does this too soon. Possibly the Landmark Theaters. Wouldn't mind seeing it on the big screen with a great stereo system. What are your thoughts on the film?

NEUMANN
07-04-04, 02:36 PM
I was surprised i actually liked this movie,great music and a funny movie over all(i want to go to bilgewaters and hang out lol),don't own the movie yet,waiting for a price drop,this seems to be one of those movies you can never find for 15 bucks

DVD Smurf
07-04-04, 02:41 PM
I assume this is Hedwig and the Angry Inch from 2001 you are talking about. I thought it had a wonderfully abstract, surrealistic, and musical design, which kept me engaged and thinking throughout the film. Definitly worth seeing in the theater.
9/10 - if anyone cared what my grade on it was.

Hokeyboy
07-04-04, 04:45 PM
Coolest owl ever!

Daytripper
07-04-04, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by DVD Smurf
I assume this is Hedwig and the Angry Inch from 2001 you are talking about. I thought it had a wonderfully abstract, surrealistic, and musical design, which kept me engaged and thinking throughout the film. Definitly worth seeing in the theater.
9/10 - if anyone cared what my grade on it was.

Sorry, yes, I did mean "Hedwig and the Angry Inch".

And Matt, what is "owl"?

Hokeyboy
07-04-04, 05:07 PM
A stupid Harry Potter reference. Sorry. :(

Groucho
07-04-04, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by Daytripper
And Matt, what is "owl"? It's a bird of prey. They can turn their heads around, they only come out at night?

Giantrobo
07-04-04, 05:12 PM
I love Hedwig :up:

Supermallet
07-04-04, 05:47 PM
I'm a huge Hedwig And The Angry Inch fan. I saw it about once a week with a core group of other fans when it played in LA, and then we helped start midnight shows (the ones that play every month at the Laemmle Fairfax, for all those in the LA area). I've seen the film in the theaters over 20 times.

I've met John Cameron Mitchell twice, and one of those times I (along with several from the group) had dinner with him. He's a great guy.

Julie Walker
07-04-04, 06:43 PM
Cool movie,great music...yes I am a fan :D

No midnight screenings here that I know of,but when it hits,I would love to check it out.

atlantamoi
07-04-04, 07:22 PM
I thought I was going to LOVE this movie when I rented it months ago. I was actually a little bored with it to be honest.

angryyoungman
07-04-04, 09:34 PM
I loved it. The music was awesome and the film itself was very entertaining.

woofman
07-04-04, 10:12 PM
Great movie, funny as hell.

"When it comes to huge openings, a lot of people think of me"

Giantrobo
07-05-04, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by woofman
Great movie, funny as hell.

"When it comes to huge openings, a lot of people think of me"

...After my divorce from Luther I scraped by with baby-sitting gigs and odd jobs - mostly the jobs we call blow.

...In reflecting upon the people whom I have come upon in my travels, I cannot help but think of the people who have come upon me

:lol::up:

ChefWinduAZ
07-05-04, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by Matt Millheiser
Coolest owl ever!

First thing I thought of when I read the title of this thread.

DonnachaOne
07-05-04, 04:03 AM
Good music, but the film itself isn't brilliant... I really expected this to be a film that would live on in cult midnight shows all over the couuntry. I see that's not the case though.

Grimm1
07-06-04, 04:22 AM
Great movie....great soundtrack.

Giles
07-06-04, 09:51 AM
I loved the 'sing along' part. Great music. Very unique and enjoyable.